Noob Xbox arcade questions

Caporegime
Want to get a console for my cinema room to play the odd driving game on.

Will the arcade do?

I intend to hook it up to the my HTPC for media playback streaming etc..so I don't need a HDD for xbox do I?

Thanks

easy:)

P.S HNY:)

Soldato
Depends how big the game saves are on the games you play, and if you want to keep arseing around deleting them when the onboard 256 meg memory is full.

Soldato
It'll suffice, but I'd advice getting a Pro or Elite model.

The lack of an included HDD with the Arcade is a big weakness.

I'd presume as you're looking at driving games you'll end up getting Forza 2 at some point. I've a feeling the save game is mahosive, and will only fit on a 512mb MU (meaning you can't fit it on the MU that comes with the Arcade).

Also some features of some games (such as replays) are unavailable without a HDD. Streaming does not require a HDD afaik.

Soldato
For the extra I'd still get the HDD version.

You can now install the games so they don't make a huge amount of noise

You can download HD Content - films etc... you have to pay but there may be something you want to watch.

Game demos are freely available... approx 1GB each. I tried about 10 driving demos to find a couple of games I like.

Some games need patches installed to fix issues... and some need HDD space to run.

AD

Caporegime
Want to get a console for my cinema room to play the odd driving game on.

Will the arcade do?

I intend to hook it up to the my HTPC for media playback streaming etc..so I don't need a HDD for xbox do I?

Thanks

easy:)

P.S HNY:)

I am fairly sure the first time you play certain file formats it downloads some codecs from xbox live. I think these are stored automatically on the HDD. No idea if it works with Memory Unit or the new onboard memory.

rp2000

Soldato
You don't get the component cable with Arcade consoles either so unless you're planning on using composite, then you will have to buy a cable for it.

Back
Top Bottom