Roccat Kone Mouse - Wheel Broken ...

Soldato
got my third one today :) Lets see how long this one lasts! haha

Cheers to smirnoff on the forum though. Dealt with me awesomly and tested and gave me new items while I waited :)

Associate
Just to say I too have suffered from this problem. Got my replacement today after buying it from *another retailer*. It does seem to be a major issue, hopefully one I won't experience again with this one.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, I was highlighting the fact that overclockers don't have a bad batch (as was suggested somewhere), not exactly advertising another site as being brilliant or something... other shops do exist after all.:rolleyes:

Associate
If they made the lights a bit brighter, made the mouse wheel stronger (maybe lower it down into the mouse a bit too (maybe lose the left/right tilt)), it would be perfect.

Cost me £6 to post the mouse back via Royal Mail special delivery, don't want to pay that again :)

You can reclaim the money if you wanted to.

Associate
My comments were not directed at you Psypher5, I mean no offence. After reviewing the "rules" (as oppose to "forum rules" I had to sign to get an account) I've edited my original post. But if the mods wish to remove, edit or delete a post or my account for something so benign then so be it, I've no intention of using this forum for anything further. I only found my way here via a google search and thought I'd share my experiences with this product and highlight that OCUK are by no means at fault here, that all shops have sold Kones which could prove to be faulty.
Curiously though the FAQ on Roccat's website quotes,
"Question: My Kone has a hardware defect. I would like to get a replacement but I am not sure where to send the Kone.
Answer: In case your Kone has a hardware defect, you have to refer to the retailer you bought it from. It is not possible to replace the Kone directly at ROCCAT, for logistic reasons."
Unless you were referring to something else.

Associate
Well i didnt bother reading the first page of this thread but my mouse wheel is still going strong and its a good 3 months old. One thing is that the lights wont turn off with the software but its no biggy.

Associate
Well 2 days and this mouse has broken as well, exact same thing. Was working away in Maya, a slight cracking noise and it was all over. Sent a scathing email to Roccat. Surely if so many of us are experiencing the same problem over and over they must realise something has to be done.
What's so frustrating is that this is the perfect mouse otherwise.

Associate
ive been playing cs 1.6 at a good level for some time, ive never needed to use a 'pro-gamer' mouse, none off this roccat, or sk endorsed stuff.
stupidly priced, best mouse ive had is the ms intellimouse 3.0, simple and i absolutely love it.
can be found for under 20, not sure if ocuk stock it.

Associate
My second Kone has broken after 2 weeks use. This time the middle mouse button and left tilt still work but the scroll action and right tilt don't :|
I'd advise against anyone buying this mouse, which is a shame because it'd be so great if it wasn't for that fault.

Soldato
I have had my Kone from the beginning of November & no problems with the wheel.

Some people must be using to much downward force.
But the spindles could do with some beefing up.

Associate
To my surprise I got an email from Roccat this morning requesting information for an RMA, despite what their website stated. They didn't reply to the specifics of my comments left on their website form (regarding why this is happening and what they intend to do about it) so I pushed again for an answer in my reply email, and got something both unexpected and hopeful:
"Hello,

we have a new scroll wheel in the Kone.

Therefore we change the mouse now directly."

So I'll be sending my mouse back to them this time and await the replacement. I'll report back on any findings and hopefully this will lay this problem to rest.:)
I suggest if anyone has such similar problems you report it to Roccat and maybe they'll issue you with this new improved stock.

Back
Top Bottom