F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Because in the full interview i read last night he also speaks of taking legal action against any team which puilled out. That's really going to get them all to commit isn't it!

F1 is a business. Why shouldn't a business take legal action if someone breaches a contract?

And if they won't commit - fine, then the rules with carry on getting butchered in accordance with the grand vision of Obergruppenführer Mosley. But what the hell, right? It's only supposed to be Formula ******* One, the pinnacle of motorsport....

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Why would you enter into a contract with someone that refuses to accept that teams deserve far more from the pot that F1 generates.

ITV-F1.com said:
While giving no indication that he is willing to concede ground over the distribution of F1’s revenues, Ecclestone admitted his suggestion that the teams should receive less money than they do now was intended to raise their hackles.

“I was only being mischievous, really, playing their teams at their own game,” he said.

Emphasis is my own.

***edit***

Oh, and it seems like Mad Max's cost-cutting schemes are already driving people out. But no, that's fine. You all just keep on thinking that Bernie Ecclestone is the root of all evil and that he's the only thing wrong with F1 right now....

***edit again***

Gets even better. From here:

Meanwhile, a separate Financial Times story reports that Williams' budget has been aided by a £14.5m advance from F1 commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone to help the team stay in the sport.

The payment forms part of the share Williams will receive when a new Concorde Agreement is signed, after F1's majority owner CVC offered an incentive of backdated prize money to teams for the period 2004-2007 following the agreement to increase the revenue share teams receive from 25 to 50%.

“It’s a prepayment,” Ecclestone told the newspaper.

“They are entitled to some back-payments only due for payment when they sign the Concorde...we said to them we will pay you now.”

Damn that evil Bernie for advancing the Williams team the best part of £15million! Damn him to hell!

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite like Bernie.
Some of his ideas for the sport are a little outlandish, but he does give great interviews and would be fantastic guest to have around for dinner.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

**RUMOUR ALERT**

Now, I'll make this quite clear, this is a rumour based on a few weird sources that I can't link - I'm just posting it here for poseterity in case it turns out to be true (and somoene has probably already posted the same somewhere in this thread).

Mclaren Mercedes engine builders tasked to build FOUR extra engines up, which Mclaren don't need.
Fry, Ross Brawn and Schumacher seen at a hotel somewhere in Northampton shire last week .
Honda to be bought out by a Fry, Brawn, Schumacher conglomerate - paperwork and funding 95% complete.
Announcement to be made this Friday.

Soldato
**RUMOUR ALERT**

Now, I'll make this quite clear, this is a rumour based on a few weird sources that I can't link - I'm just posting it here for poseterity in case it turns out to be true (and somoene has probably already posted the same somewhere in this thread).

Mclaren Mercedes engine builders tasked to build FOUR extra engines up, which Mclaren don't need.
Fry, Ross Brawn and Schumacher seen at a hotel somewhere in Northampton shire last week .
Honda to be bought out by a Fry, Brawn, Schumacher conglomerate - paperwork and funding 95% complete.
Announcement to be made this Friday.

I read on another forum last week that the Honda team are currently re-working the back of the 09 car to accept a Mercedes engine. I think its becoming one of those "F1 secrets" :)

Soldato
I read on another forum last week that the Honda team are currently re-working the back of the 09 car to accept a Mercedes engine. I think its becoming one of those "F1 secrets" :)

Actually fitting another engine in is relatively simple. The rules controlling the design fix the weight, bore spacing, c of g position, height etc so tightly that all the engines are very similar. Even the bolt pattern for the bell housing is fixed. It's going to be the gearbox and what ever KERs system is used plus the rear aero that's going to be fun.

Soldato
Pitpass have an interview with charlie whiting:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=36949

Amongst other things he mentioned the engine rules, seems that engines no longer have to last a certain amount of time, just that the teams get penalised if they use >8 engines over the course of the season. So they can change engine without penalty during the weekend, not sure about gearbox though, guessing thats the same?

Transmission breaker
Don
Pitpass have an interview with charlie whiting:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=36949

Amongst other things he mentioned the engine rules, seems that engines no longer have to last a certain amount of time, just that the teams get penalised if they use >8 engines over the course of the season. So they can change engine without penalty during the weekend, not sure about gearbox though, guessing thats the same?

Presumably this means they can remove an engine and use a fresh one for an Engine heavy race, and save the used one for another race that might be less engine heavy?

What i mean is, that once an engine has been used and removed, can it be re-used again and not necessarily at the next race, perhaps 2 or 3 races down the line?

Back
Top Bottom