The new walkers crisps flavours - tried them yet?

Soldato
Cajun Squirrel is just a weedy cajun spice flavouring.

Fish & Chips is a watered down Salt & Vinegar with a slight hint of Scampi Fries.

Onion Bhaji has the potential to be nice but needs to be more intensely flavoured.

Crispy Duck & Hoisin is absolutely vile. How they ruined that I'll never know.

Chili & Chocolate doesn't taste of much and only has the faintest cocoa finish with a touch of chili heat in the aftertaste.

Builders Breakfast tastes too similar to Smoky Bacon with none of the additional flavourings being strong enough to differentiate it otherwise.

All of them remind me why I don't bother eating Walkers crisps. There's barely any flavour in any of them and they tastes like they've been watered down for the mass-market approach. Blumethal's got a lot to answer for on this one.

Soldato
I bought a pack of each last week and took them into the office.

In reverse order, here are the results:

6th: Fish & Chips [too fishy; several people had to spit them out]
5th: Cajun Squirrel [a bit gamey; no strong negative reactions however]
4th: Chilli and Chocolate ["Not bad, but a bit bland... doesn't work on a crisp"]
3rd: Crispy Duck & Hoisin Sauce [tasted oddly of cucumber, but not unpleasant]
2nd: Builders Breakfast [very accurate; lots of beans and egg, with a toast-like aftertaste]
1st: Onion Bhaji [a unanimous winner].

I would echo glitch's comments, however, in that they wussed out on the amount of flavour :(

Associate
I love Peri Peri so I have to go and find the Nando ones.
As for reminiscing, bring back the original Chutney flavoured Sky Divers, Pickled Onion Monster Munch (not the new ones now), the old Fish and Chips that were like mini biscuits, a really old one called Wickers (looked a bit like mini shreddies) oh and Scampi Fries.

Associate
only one i haven't tried is chilli and chocolate, not sure i want to lol. Builders breakfast and fish n chips are very nice indeed.

And yes tomato ketchup, amazing! drools

Soldato
Got some of these from Sainsbury's, 2x6 pack = 2 of each flavour for £2 IIRC.
Chilli and choc tastes like the old Mcdonalds choc doughnuts, it's OK although a little weird.

builders break tastes a bit like the old tomato ketchup crisps, a bit weaker though, slight aftertaste of popcorn?.

cajun & the duck & hoison both taste very similar to BBQ walkers.

onion bhaji is nice, but a little weak flavoured.

fish & chips smells like fish&chips, taste is weak and a bit like salt+vinegar.

Onion bahji is the best of the lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
builders breakfast makes ur breath taste like off egg
chocolate and chilli is just rank, so is fish and chips (burtons fish and chips crisps where the best)
hoi sin dug is just like the hoisin and lemon grass of walkers sensation, and cajun squiral (the best) they may hve just called it "some sort of spice and herb thing"

Back
Top Bottom