No More This Week Only

Soldato
I looked forward to it but I think this is better. Seems like stuff is reduced more in price, and the stuff reduced in price is actually worth having :)

Associate
personally i liked the this week only, but i also see the dailly offers could be a good idea. Since the message about no more this week only in the news section, there's been 26 new, well priced products.
I think you should trial the dailly offers for a bit longer than 4 days before deciding it needs to be back to weekly

Man of Honour
It's a bit difficult to make my mind up about this.

This week only was good because often you could find a few components on offer and order them all at the same time for a build, however I feel that did cause a lot of people to wait out on ordering until the new offers were out. Whether that's much of a problem, I do not know.

Soldato
Errr, am I the only one who disliked TWO? It was a jumble of unrelated deals that were artificially dropped and then put back up! (Just IMO obviously)

It is nice to see what deals there are and I think thats what people want. Could you just keep a little list of the 10 most recent price drops (inc old and new price) and have a little page for that instead of TWO? That seems to be what people miss. If I buy something from a shop or site, I want to get the best price there and then, not prices that go down and then back up again.

TWO was good but surely Right Now And From Now On is even better. (Other than acronym wise, RNAFNO is a tad week!)

Associate
From monitoring the news thread on the home page daily i have seen a lot of offers being put up however you do have to keep track of it. Also i think TWO makes the prices look special and tells you what the price used to be etc.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have read all the posts again & I still say that a Buzz was created up & around the Weekly deal day, I liked it & it must have had a draw in itself.
I appreciated Yewens explanation & understand the Business decision behind it & the benefits to us customers & can't really fault the thinking behind it.
There is a rock & a Hard place & I am between it :confused:

The Chinese have a saying that goes something like

"Everything has to change to stay the same" :cool:

Associate
I've spent the last couple of days clicking around the site trying to find TWO. This thread makes sense of it.

Didn't notice the deals in the news thread at all. Deffo need a summary page that is easily found if TWO isn't to return.

Soldato
If "This Week Only" is not coming back, I would bring in a "Today Only" offer system, just like this week only system was with its own news post and page, why not make the same format a "Today only"

I know it may require some work from the purchasing team, But if they all contributed to it with the offers they can do on a day to day basis I think that would be cool.

Associate
ive certainly bought stuff, only to see it the day after come up on the 'this week only' list, so despite originally thinking id want it to stay, it makes more sense to scrap the 'this week only'
im sure others have been equally peed off when it happened to them

Look how many great deals we have posted over the last 2 days - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/news.php

The deals are being made available every day now instead of saving them for release once a week.

Soldato
TWO was more likely to result in an impulse buy, due to the perception of getting a better deal. The flip side is that it was also more likely to lead to disappointment if you missed that weeks offers, or couldn't afford the item that was on offer that week.

Not having TWO isn't going to be as exciting in the short-term perhaps, but is a better deal ultimately as you should always get the best price OcUK can negotiate on the item(s) you want.

Change is always met with scepticisim and suspicion it seems. I remember when Spie changed the forum look and feel and the resultant hue and outcry. Why not try it for a week or two and then feedback your thoughts?

Best price + no time limits = better deal imho.

P

+1

I would not want to pay a higher price because of missing the TWO dead line or because of not being able to wait until what i need is put on TWO because of sentimentally to keep it.

Soldato
I do like the daily offers but one thing I liked about TWO was that you could still see the original price. How do we know that we're not saving just £1 or 2. If we could see the original price than maybe we'd know how much we were saving.

Soldato
You should still have an offers page regardless of the time paramter. Or how about an 'our best deal page' ? containing 'our current best graphics card deal', ' best CPU deal' 'best monitor deal' etc. Items could be added and changed as new stock comes in and older reduced stock sells out. The "once it's gone, it's gone" factor would probably tempt people.

Also I would like to see a bang upto date page of any recent price cuts rather than trawl through a few catergories like when I am looking to purchase a graphics card but not decided which one.

Back
Top Bottom