Lenovo's IdeaPad S10 netbook

Soldato
Love mine, available with the 6 cell now or buy it seperately

Hi Ev0

Any reason you went for the S10e over the Samsung NC10?

I use Lenovo at work and the build quality is very good, keyboards are nice to type with too..?

By the looks of it the 6 cell makes the laptop sit up higher at the back? Is that right?

Also what OS have you got on yours?

Sorry for all the questions! lol

Thanks mate

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Well...

I perferred the look of the S10 over the Samsung. I like the fact it's rather understated and looks like a 'bunsiness' notebook. Also love the matte finish on the lid.

However the main reason for buying one now was Lenovo giving me a £200 off voucher so it only cost £99, but I'd already pretty much decided on the S10 anyway.

I too also use Lenovos at work and that helped a bit, the X60/X61s we use are awesome little things and the bigger T60s are pretty nice too if you like big laptops.

Build quality on the S10 is very good I feel.

The keyboard is small but you get used to it very quickly.

The 6 cell does stick out a bit, I've just got the 3 cell but might grab a 6 for when I'm on my travels.

I've just got the XP home it came with on albeit with most of the crap removed. It sits with about 24 processes on bootup and uses about 140meg doing 'nothing'. Boots up and shuts down very quick imho.

It's got the splashtop/quick boot into a linux os thing but I never use it, no point, so will probably get rid and merge the partion with my data partition I created.

Soldato
Yeah I have a T60p at work and its excellent to use!

Nice discount, had a look but nothing on the site anymore :(

Do OcUK sell the 1 x 2gb sticks of RAM for the upgrade on this unit?

I too like the business look (although its a home laptop) just want something I can use whilst chilling on the sofa at night and for email, maybe the odd movie here and there!

Thanks for the info so far mate ;)

Soldato
im getting a 6-cell battery 5200mah capacity and a nice Targus bag to fit all the bits. Let you know how it goes :)
CNXS1_cases_open_b.jpg

btw that partition also contains the "one-key recovery" sofware which reinstalls xp and drivers from scratch. Not sure if you lose that too. Linux and Recovery software dont take up much space, i found the one-key recovery to be very handy plus thats where your copy of xp is... linux splashtop simply disable that in bios :)

Will be trying a tv-tuner expresscard in the near future ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's exactly what I use mine for, usually sat in bed with it (not like that :p) lol

Lol you said it? :D

Does OcUK stock the RAM?

im getting a 6-cell battery 5600mah capacity and a nice Targus bag to fit all the bits. Let you know how it goes :)
CNXS1_cases_open_b.jpg

btw that partition also contains the "one-key recovery" sofware which reinstalls xp and drivers from scratch. Not sure if you lose that too. Linux and Recovery software dont take up much space, i found the one-key recovery to be very handy plus thats where your copy of xp is... linux splashtop simply disable that in bios :)

Will be trying a tv-tuner expresscard in the near future ;)

Nice case! Let us know how the tuner goes!

Permabanned
I've ordered myself one of these, i was going to buy an NC10, but with the Leonovo down to £248inc vat (a nice £216 without :D) i couldnt resist - just got to wait til monday for it to arrive :)

Associate

My is even "stealer" :) All in directly from Lenovo for £105 and it comes with a 6-cell too :D

Here are some pictures so that you can have an idea how it looks like with the 6-cell battery.

Very impressed with the build quality, took only 3 days for it to be shipped via UPS from Hong Kong, kudos to Lenovo.

Permabanned
I would imagine that most places are much the same cost wise, i'd consider going direct to one of the bigger ram manufacturers tho as they will guarentee compatability.

Back
Top Bottom