Anyone else really fed up at the moment?

Soldato
I am incredibly fed up at the moment. I have been in my job for around 18 months now and I am beginning to realise it isn't for me. It SHOULD be, but because I am in sales I bloody hate it. All I know is sales, I feel stuck :(

Soldato
...So you only know sales...You hate sales where you are...yet you SHOULD like sales? :p

Sorry, I am so tired I couldn't be bothered to elaborate. I work in sales and account management for a web design agency. I deal with awesome brands and stuff, I love t'internet, design, and the web, so I should enjoy it....

But I am just fed up of targets and proposals and blah blah blah same old crap :(
As I am sure most people are this time of year.

Soldato
Hehe, no worries :p

Ever thought about trying to get into the web design part a bit more? OR would you not want to do that.

After hearing how much everyone in the studio moans, not really :p

I did study Graphic Design (only to HND level) and I am into photography and stuff for my 'arty' fix, if you can call it that.

The problem is, I didn't go to Uni, and I don't know what I want to do. I am such a miserable git sometimes when I think about this kind of stuff!

Caporegime

I did study Graphic Design (only to HND level) and I am into photography and stuff for my 'arty' fix, if you can call it that.

The problem is, I didn't go to Uni, and I don't know what I want to do. I am such a miserable git sometimes when I think about this kind of stuff!

I still don't know what I want to be doing matey ;) So I wouldn't worry...not many people do.

Soldato
This year has been terrible for me so far. One piece of bad luck after another.

Plus i'm searching for a part time job atm (still a student) and nobody at all is getting back to me for the places i'm applying for. Its very frustrating.

Caporegime
This year has been terrible for me so far. One piece of bad luck after another.

Plus i'm searching for a part time job atm (still a student) and nobody at all is getting back to me for the places i'm applying for. Its very frustrating.

That's happening for everyone sadly...even for full time work :)

I'm quite lucky I've just landed this job I'm starting next week! Thought I was never going to be in work again =/

Soldato
That's happening for everyone sadly...even for full time work :)

I'm quite lucky I've just landed this job I'm starting next week! Thought I was never going to be in work again =/

This is the longest i've been unemployed in a long long time. The thing is i'm applying for quite a few places that are advertising but nobody at all is getting back to me. I have good experience and my CV is fairly well presented, so I don't know what kind of geniuses they want to work in the average shop part time.

Congrats on your job too! Hopefully my luck will turn.

Caporegime
This is the longest i've been unemployed in a long long time. The thing is i'm applying for quite a few places that are advertising but nobody at all is getting back to me. I have good experience and my CV is fairly well presented, so I don't know what kind of geniuses they want to work in the average shop part time.

Congrats on your job too! Hopefully my luck will turn.

Yeah, people just don't even bother replying nowadays...it is annoying.

I hope you're luck turns anyway!

Associate
Times are tough, but you have to strive in order to find a good job. Be glad you made it through uni, just work hard to find that job and don't stop until you have it.

Soldato
I'm alright, work wise. I get the arseache sometimes with my job like everyone does, but then I remind myself that my job's not too alright, the money's reasonable, and most of all I'm secure in it, so I keep my chin up. If times were different I'd be on more of a lookout for a new job, but as it is, I'm not moving. Nuh uh.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
get a TESOL/CELTA qualification and go and teach english somewhere abroad. asia is crying out for ESL teachers

Permabanned

I did a HND in IT, garbage, I though you was in GD from your site, I would hate to be in sales, I went back to college in September, managed to get onto C&C plumbing course, I am loving it and I think I have found my calling, my dad was a joiner and is a cable jointer for BT I have a technical side I can find my way around a PC and a Network but I never felt it was right for me and didnt want to go to UNI to study IT.

I am going to go for it in plumbing I am well ahead in my class and have passed every exam so far and was even told I am the best student in my class which was uplifting. I will go for Level 3 and beyond.

I had to have a government style bailout from my parents last week but I will be paying every penny back felt really low last week but parents where understandable and did not want me to feel down, I have cut back on spending to a point I don't buy anything bar alcohol at the weekend, I am giving that up so basically I wont have anything to enjoy which is what I think I need, I cant even claim any benefits which is sickening since I have worked for 7 years until Oct and my mother doesn't work after Gwazi ruined her back and my dad had a heart attack in Dec and he is going back to work in March but I live at home and we all have a great bonding.

Last edited:
Soldato
My god, is life after Uni really this depressing for twentysomethings these days.

If you think it's hard now - just wait till you have a family, major debts, less energy and sick/elderly parents & not many job prospects on top of that - then you really will know what problems (and fed-up feelings) really are ;)

Life is what you make it ladies/gents. And it surely isn't as bad as you are making out. It certainly doesn't get any easier as you get older for the majority of people anyway - so you better get used to it.

Be thankful you weren't born into a slum area of India or Meixco or even Africa.

Back
Top Bottom