CBT in the rain!

Associate
Looks like I will be tottering around on a 125 in the rain tomorrow :( anyone else done either the CBT or the full bike test in the rain, and how did it go?

Bat

Bat

Associate
It'll be fine. Grabbing loads of grip and getting your knee down wasn't part of the CBT when I did it :D

Associate
I did my DAS in monsoon like conditions last year, but I ended up passing first time :D

As others have said, take it slowly and break gently and you'll be fine. As my examiner said at the end of my test 'if you can pass in this weather, I've got every confidence you'll make an excellent biker'.

Associate
i did mine after it had been raining all night and was rearly sunny in the day... still passed okay but with the sun reflecting off the rain water it was a pain!!

Associate
OP
CBT all sorted on Saturday, had a brilliant day and passed with flying colours :D The instructor took me out on some brilliant back roads and started teaching me advanced cornering, was a great laugh. Cant wait to get the proper test sorted now!!

Anyone know if the test is still definately changing at the end of April? I had heard that there still arent enough of the new test centres?

Associate
It's still rumoured that the test will be delayed again, due to lack of multi-function centres.
The price is still going up though:rolleyes:
I'd try and get something sorted pretty quickly anyhow, as it's getting to the time where instructors will start getting fully booked up, what with summer not that far away.:)
I saw the layout of the new test and spoke with one of the test examiners and they said that it wasn't that much more difficult than the current one.
If you can't do the u-turn on the off-road part then you shouldn't really be riding, no kerbs and it's really wide.:D

Associate
OP
Yup I agree, thankfully I picked up the U turn really quickly so am not really fussed. The main issue for me is having to take 2 days over it, which is potentially 2 days off work.

I am hoping to get in during April sometime *crosses fingers*

Back
Top Bottom