My Lounge makeover including a floating wall.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the comments. Carpet is now ordered and waiting for the glazing company to replace the frame in the bay window as it was made wrong. That should be sometime this week im told.

Why did you go to Croydon ikea and not the Wembley one dandle?

The Wembley one didn't have the units in we wanted. I dont think they do lounge stuff at Wembley at all.

Looking good so far. What's the benefit of a 'floating wall'? It is just to hide the cabling?

Its just an effect wall with back lighting with the bonus that all the cables are hidden. The units that will fit at the bottom of the wall will fit flush so no wiring will be on display.

Soldato
OP
Finally got the wall finished and the room painted and managed to get the tv on the wall.
IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

Getting the speakers mounted tonight and the carpet should be here next week sometime.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It isnt led lighting. I was going to get leds but was put off by the fact you cant dim them, also the fact we used a brown wall ment most different colours would have an odd effect. Its a mains powered rope light with normal bulbs in it and only cost about £1.95 per metre, including the end kit and tracking to run it in it cost about £30. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DT611W.html

Heres a pic with the speakers mounted although you cant see them that well.
IMG_2829.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We have three Ikea besta units that will span the whole length of the wall and sit a little higher than the end peices of my floating wall. They push flush onto the wall which is why the cutouts are at the bottom to allow cables to run to the different boxes.

Soldato
OP
Right got some pics tonight although the three units on the bottom need leveling properly but they are in and it gives the right idea. Got my PS3 back online too now:). Need to level the front spots too.
IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

I have to say I'm really impresses with the Q acoustics speakers and Yammy amp they really sound nice together although at some point I may upgrade the fronts to 1020is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom