New Trainers

Permabanned
Some of the new 'boots' Adidas are doing are uber nice :)

The White/Blue and Orange Patrick Ewing re-issues are sweeeet

Soldato
Adidas' range is about as appealing as a wardrobe full of Reebok Classics.

Nike have them played with shape, style, colourways, materials...Everything.

*n

Maaan do you not get completely bored of the same old AF1 rigmarole though? And what's the crack with pairing them with skinny jeans?

Converse All stars have got to be one of the only mass-produced designs that doesn't look tired and come in enough simple colours to go with almost anything. AF1s just look like they're trying too hard. Or they always seem to be worn by people trying too hard. The lines are getting far too blurry!

Soldato
I guess i'm just not into lairy coloured trainers with daft laces being the statement piece of an outfit.. You tend to just look a bit teen angst :D

Permabanned
I guess i'm just not into lairy coloured trainers with daft laces being the statement piece of an outfit.. You tend to just look like a bit teen angst :D

They are one pair of many my dear boy.

It also extremely difficult for myself to look 'teen'

I get a hard on if I get a spot nowadays ;)

Permabanned
Maaan do you not get completely bored of the same old AF1 rigmarole though? And what's the crack with pairing them with skinny jeans?
I only own two pairs of AF1s...And I have nothing that gets close to a 'skinny' jean. In fact, I'm wearing my 'slimmest' jeans now with my Dunk Low Wovens...Will take a pic.
Converse All stars have got to be one of the only mass-produced designs that doesn't look tired and come in enough simple colours to go with almost anything. AF1s just look like they're trying too hard. Or they always seem to be worn by people trying too hard. The lines are getting far too blurry!
Converse look godawful with EVERYTHING.

*n

Soldato
They are one pair of many my dear boy.

It also extremely difficult for myself to look 'teen'

I get a hard on if I get a spot nowadays ;)

If you can't look teen you move onto something even worse..

Trying too hard middle aged man! :O

(You don't own anything from Henleys do you? :D)

Permabanned
If you can't look teen you move onto something even worse..

Trying too hard middle aged man! :O

(You don't own anything from Henleys do you? :D)

You stand there in your skinny jeans and Converse and I'll still look 50x more awesomer than you ever will ;)

Soldato
I only own two pairs of AF1s...And I have nothing that gets close to a 'skinny' jean. In fact, I'm wearing my 'slimmest' jeans now with my Dunk Low Wovens...Will take a pic.

Converse look godawful with EVERYTHING.

*n

I've got three pairs of AF1s, lows, mids and highs, all very simple.. But I just go out now and see another kid with some 5 million colour AF1s and think "**** man, your feet look huge and your legs look like twigs". And it just rubs off.. I might give them another try at some point but certainly not now.

My converse however, also simple designs (Bar some stupid twin lace things I never should have bought) go with FAR more of my wardrobe because they're just unintrusive. But then if the picture you posted is the slimmest pair of jeans you own (Granted I can't get the best idea from just the ankle) then your collection verges on the opposite side to mine, and Converse look WHACK with large jeans (They also look whack with those stupid lycra jeans, but I never have nor ever will own a pair of those)

My CAT boots still have to be one of my best purchases though. Pair those with my grey hammer-pant jeans, long grey cardy (Layered cardigans if it's cold) and a low neck vest or Tee, and my silver hair. Sa-wheeeeet.

Aslong as when putting all the emphasis on the trainers you're not forgetting about everything from the ankle up, it's all good :)

Soldato
I have one...But if you think I'm going to charge batteries, take a pic, transfer it to the pc, resize it, transfer it to my phone then upload it and post it then you're dafter than converse boy.

*n

Then at least tone down the howge roll-ups, are you trying to look like a disfunctional techno pirate? :p

Permabanned
I've got three pairs of AF1s, lows, mids and highs, all very simple.. But I just go out now and see another kid with some 5 million colour AF1s and think "**** man, your feet look huge and your legs look like twigs". And it just rubs off.. I might give them another try at some point but certainly not now.
AF1 colourways have been very muted for the last few seasons. You're not thinking of the innumerate dayglo Mogans available are you?

Aslong as when putting all the emphasis on the trainers you're not forgetting about everything from the ankle up, it's all good :)
I match trainers to T-shirts and wear good denim in between.

*n

Back
Top Bottom