My Bits of Metal

Associate
Get it sandblasted before you start welding, otherwise you'll keep blasting holes in rust, then, when you've finished, use stopping paste first to fill the worst indentations, prime it with high build primer and then spray it in one of the candy metallic colours. You could claim at as an allegory about modern self delusion in consumerism, ie, no matter how well finished it is it all ends in a pile of rust, ie, when dead all you end up with is a pretty corpse even if you've spent your life tending to your physical appearance.
You'll get an "A" with that, call it, "You Sexy Cadaver" (and you don't even have to credit me).

Soldato
I saw this earlier whilst browsing at work and was all like... 'zomg... Whut?'

and now I'm all like.. 'lolzors at thread title change'

and Berger your wrong.. he will have something left. A big pile of sand and rust! :D

Soldato
I asked some experts/people with a lot of knowledge on old cars on another forum. They ID'd it for me.

I would have to agree with them as well, the unit construction (i.e. not separate chassis), the lever arm shock combined with upper suspension arm and the trunion on the lower wishbone all together are strong clues.

The Austin-Healey Sprite used pretty much all the same running gear.

Back
Top Bottom