Don
See newer drivers.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17990285

------------------------------

Also, official firmware fix here.
Asus Website

PLX fireware update Ver 1.1
Description:
1.Fix Xonar D2X/ Xonar DX/ Xonar HDAV 1.3/ Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe channel swap or noise/latency during 192kHz 5.1/7.1 playback when used with certain motherboards (like Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3, Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6, etc.)
2.After installing, please reboot your system to get the patch take effect.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/Xonar_D2X/AsusSndUpdate_v110.rar

Last edited:
Soldato
Appreciated. Is there a list of resolved issues anywhere.

It seems to take Asus far too long to release drivers themselves, when a lot of issues are basically sorted.

Soldato
Dunno - people complain about Creative but last time I checked they were updating X-Fi drivers on a regular basis. They've certainly been updated this year, which is nice.

Both companies leave a lot to be desired if you compare them to the likes of nVIDIA and AMD/ATI.

Don
OP
For me, it fixed my problem where after resuming from Sleep S3, the card would forget that it's set to optical out. So I had to keep setting that after sleep -huge pain in the butt

Lots of people on the asus forum reporting it resolves certain game issues too

Associate
Asus are on the right track with their audio related products excluding their driver updates. While l have no problems with the drivers it would be nice for Asus to upgrade the drivers three or four times a year improving performance and fixing issues.
I fail to understand why a big company like Asus would not offer regular updates for relatively new products.

Associate
more bug fixes only I think.

Works fine in windows 7 x64 too. The only thing missing is the channel selection list from the program that runs in the tray

Associate
Now Vista x64 DX installed. All works fine.

Although, only change noticed so far is the ability to change the LFE crossover frequency for both small and large speaker under the FlexBass tab. Previous driver (latest beta) could only adjust on Large speakers.

The Vista Speaker Test Configuration still swaps channels incorrectly... Not in games or movies just in test config so not a biggie...

Associate
omfg bledd i love you, before these drivers, if a program crashed id get horrible loop in my headset, now with these it loops for 1s then stops!!!! thanks!

Don
OP
can everyone list the fixes they've recieved from them, so i can list them in the main post.

which card.
which app.
which problem resolved.
remaining issues?

Associate
Xonar d2 pci
Windows xp sp3
Cracklepop on some sources gone and if a app/game crashes the card no longer loops.
Nothing cept the channel selection but i think thats a individial oddety.

Back
Top Bottom