The official Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Thread

Associate
could some people with an a01 do something for me, fill the screen with this http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/eggcup_1999/forum.jpg and then take a picture of your screen with the light off??? cause i just got my replacement monitor today and it has exactly the same problem as my first one. shown below. Its not backlight bleed cause when i fill the screen up with black its perfect.

IMAG0022.jpg

Associate
I think I have a similar problem to you eggcup. I have noticed it when watching videos most prominently. Like you say, with a pure black image, there is no backlight bleed at all, but colours appear to lighten towards the side of the monitor. In my case, it is only really noticeable/a little annoying with the left hand side.

Edit: Picture

Apologies for the slightly shoddy quality, that would be my phone for you! You should be able to see that the far left hand side is noticeably lighter than the rest of the monitor.

2di35g0.jpg

I think your 'colour leak' is slightly worse than mine, or maybe it is your settings.

Last edited:
Associate
is that the same blue that was in my link, looks a lot lighter than my blue???

Yes it is, but 1) the camera on my phone makes it look brighter (looks darker in the flesh) and 2) I suspect our colour settings are a little different (I haven't really configured mine properly as I'm not sure what it should be like!

Associate
Received mine today as a replacement for a 2209wa. I'm at work so can't really mess about with it too much, but straight out the box text looks slightly fuzzy, reducing sharpness to 30 from 50 didn't make much difference.

It's really evident with black text on a white background, the letters seem to bleed colour/fuzz

Can someone please post up their constrast/brightness/colour settings as this thing is way to vivid out of the box - it doesn't look right.

Last edited:
Soldato
So guys..

How does the A01 compare to the NEC/HP variants?

It looks nice - but if the panel isn't up to it then there's no point.

I too want to know this. Deciding between the Dell 2408WFP, NEC 24WMGX3, and HP LP2475W.

I prefer the look of the Dell, I don't like the stand or bezel on the NEC or HP, but if they are of better image quality, then I would rather go for them.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,
I'm expecting a replacement from Dell and would like to know how to check if they sent me a refurbished or not. Having payed full price I wouldn't wont a refurbished.

Associate
New Dell 2408WFP

Hi All

I am new to forums; just wondering if anyone can help please as 2 days ago I had delivered a new Dell 2408WFP Monitor (Rev A01). It appears to be working as specified EXCEPT I cannot get any of the Card Readers or USB Sockets on the left side of the monitor to work at all. I have followed the troubleshooting guides for these inputs all to no avail, i.e. resetting PC, monitor off and on etc. My present m/c was self built six years ago and I have been using XP for a couple of years.

A little of my background; I have built my own PC's in the past and have been repairing, updating etc. desktop computers for many years now, so I do know a bit about it!

This is a bit disappointing as this is the second new monitor in two weeks, the first being a Samsung SyncMaster 2433, (sent back), which the less said about the better, I don't wish to be sued! I had based purchasing the 2433 on my experience with a six years old 19" Samsung SyncMaster 192v a really excellent screen albeit a TN type, no viewing angle problems whatsoever, unlike the 2433, OOOps!

Any help or suggestions re my Dell please!!!!

Back
Top Bottom