Titan Goliath thank you!

Associate
Hi there,

Just to say thank you wrt the Titan Goliath I ordered on special the week before last it arrived today and everything is great.

Went for the 1gb 4870, with the antec 300 and upgraded to a 1Tb drive and then coupled it with a Samsung T260.

Had my first wow raid on it tonight everything maxed at 1920*1200 4xaa and it was lovely.

Had been gaming on a dell vostro 3gb with an 8600m for the past year (and before on the laptop a x1900xtx with a 3800x2) so its a massive step up.

Great build quality, very tidy cable management booted straight up and tookall the pain out of it (was not bothered to build myself)

So thanks once more!

Regards,

Woden

Associate
OP
doh have no picture taking ablity i'm afraid. All I can supply is something like this at idle.

idle.png

Associate
OP
I've not checked load temps yet will do over the weekend. Asaka Nero is the cooler I believe.

I've no idea what the fan speed % are on the cpu cooler or the case fans atm either. Or how I can control them for that matter.. I will look into it!

Associate
OP
Ok I had a look at this last night then. I increased the fan speed on the cpu cooler to 100% (1500 rpm) With the 3.4Ghz overclock the idle temps are around the 42 degree mark on coretemp and then when I ran prime95 the load temp was 80c.

I took off the overclock then back to 2.66Ghz and have similar idle temps but a load temp of 70c.

I was concerned the hs was not fitted correctly but this seems inline with this review of it

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/in...sk=view&id=674&Itemid=27&limit=1&limitstart=2

So is this 70c load temp too high at stock if not is the 80c to high with the o/c.

Thanks and regards,

Woden

Associate
Hi there,

Just to say thank you wrt the Titan Goliath I ordered on special the week before last it arrived today and everything is great.

Went for the 1gb 4870, with the antec 300 and upgraded to a 1Tb drive and then coupled it with a Samsung T260.

Had my first wow raid on it tonight everything maxed at 1920*1200 4xaa and it was lovely.

Had been gaming on a dell vostro 3gb with an 8600m for the past year (and before on the laptop a x1900xtx with a 3800x2) so its a massive step up.

Great build quality, very tidy cable management booted straight up and tookall the pain out of it (was not bothered to build myself)

So thanks once more!

Regards,

Woden

Tis a very nice computer. I would have brought it my self, but I had already started stocking up parts for my build.

Woden, from terenas? :p

Soldato
The temperatures are more than fine, we fully warranty all of our overclocks and there is more headroom in the chip to go further I bet.

Glad you enjoy the system. :)

Associate
looking forward to recieving my titan goliath on monday or tuesday, fingers crossed:), street is busy with council work vans , i'll be up n down like a yoyo everytime i hear a van pull up

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have also ordered this system, should arrive Monday or Tuesday!

I went with the 4070 X2 2GB!(BEAST)

Cant god damn wait, and time is going so slow until then!

pics pics pics please!

Last edited:
Associate
My first post here and on the brink of ordering the Titan Goliath myself too (!) but have a few minor questions...

Is it possible to take out an extended warranty ?
When buying an OS with it, will this be installed as part of the build ?
Is it vital to get Vista to play new games as am familiar with XP ?
How many usb ports does it have (can see two at the front on pic) ?
Will it be internet ready (i.e with wireless card/adaptor) ?

Sorry if they're obvious qs but thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom