is it worth Buying, Waiting,

Associate
Hiya guys hows you all Doing' Hope you all had a great easter holiday, i was wondering if it's worth Buying maybe waiting. because i begin to wonder it it's worth it anymore with hardware out of date so easly these days. my specifications are Pentium D, 945, 4 GiG ram ddr2-800, 160 gig hard drive, nvidia 7950gt, windows vista, i Have 400 pounds maybe i should save up more and wait till the end of the year any advice guys should i save for 800 pounds and Buy a half decent desktop :)

Associate
I would say wait prices are very inflated at the moment and £400 will get you something better then you have but wont get you much.

smackova are you just trolling i7 for £400 i don't think so.

Soldato
I'd also say wait.
The pound is very weak at the moment, and we seem to be paying a lot.
I suppose the pound may get even weaker and things will go up more, but I doubt it.
There used to be horror when motherboards hit £200 tho that seems to be the norm for Socket 1366 ones (excluding one or two)

I have an E8400 chip and thats the same price now as when it came out....and it was in demand at the time.

Soldato
I would see if your motherboard supports some old Core 2 chip, if it does, then just upgrade it with a new CPU and GPU. As nobody really needs i7 power right now, Core2 is still plenty powerful enough.

Associate
You will always be waiting to upgrade, there is never really a good time as new hardware is constally coming out. As said it depends on what you want from your pc if you can hold off for a while you can often pick up current tech for roughly half the price. It's your call but there will be a time when you have to hit that buy button!

Soldato
Have you checked to see if your board will take a Core2 CPU. If so I'd put a cheap one in it, get decent cooling & overclock it. That & spend the money you have on decent graphics, Power Supply, Case Bigger Hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom