Anyone else watch this and think "Yeah, she asked for it"?

Soldato
Guys, try this.

Play the youtube video and close your eyes.

Imagine you are the officer stuck bang in the middle of loads of angry faces.

Then, someone gets up in your face repeatedly.

Feel what he was feeling.

What action would you have taken?

Resignation maybe.

If its that ****ing traumatic, don't do it. I have no sympathy for the ickle police officer. Diddums.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

If all Police officers had to be made of stone, the force would be even more understaffed than they are already.

So? Social workers, nurses, doctors & surgeons are all subject to scrutiny. Your little police force is obviously exempt from judgement.

I really cannot accept the argument that he was somehow under duress and that lashing out was his only option coupled with his badge being obscured. Hmmm, real coincidental that. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
because she was like rat midering him. I think the police should be able to give people a good old beeting if people dont have the respect to give them space.

Great bitch slap he gave her, loved it !!

Pain works in life!

Associate
To be honest it seems to show whats wrong with this country at the moment a complete lack of respect.

How poeple think its ok to abuse riot police officers even after been warned is acceptable and not going to get a reaction is beyond belief.

Man of Honour
I think the actions in the video are extremely unjustified.

If she had directly attacked or pushed him at that time I might be more sympathetic. The fact is, at that time, she was standing in a non-threatening manner. The slap does not raise my eyebrows, but I think the striking of the woman with the baton is outrageous.

However, I am far more borderline regarding the pushing of Ian Tomlinson.

Permabanned
Daft cow !! he did warn her thats all I have to say. Hay i bet she didnt mider him a 3rd time. lesson learned.

That guy should run the force.

Soldato
Id love to see the demographics for differing opinions in this thread. It seems a 50/50 split with both sides being very strong in their views and id be interested to know the reasons behind why.

Im thinking age must have a strong influence, as over 30s can remember being *scared of the Police, whereas younger folk seem to show them little or no respect.

*scared is the wrong word, but, knowing not to mess with them for fear of a good clip around the ear.

Associate
Id love to see the demographics for differing opinions in this thread. It seems a 50/50 split with both sides being very strong in their views and id be interested to know the reasons behind why.

Im thinking age must have a strong influence, as over 30s can remember being *scared of the Police, whereas younger folk seem to show them little or no respect.

*scared is the wrong word, but, knowing not to mess with them for fear of a good clip around the ear.
I am 59 and deplore the over-reaction of some police officers during protests. I have worked within different branches of the Criminal Justice System for 38 years and am astounded at some of the attitudes displayed in this thread. Keyboard warriors TBH with no concept of what policing and governing by consent means.

Back
Top Bottom