Check this spec please

Associate
112fj0p.jpg

Thank you.

Associate
OP
What will be its primary use? Are you also on a budget cos it might be a good idea to go for the ATI 4890 otherwise a very good spec :D

Will be used for gaming, I noticed I forgot to add a CPU cooler so you don't need to point it out now :p

I don't know about the 4890 been told it isnt worth the price difference.

Edit: Will be overclocking CPU.

Soldato
Looks good.

Make sure you do get a decent thermal paste though, some coolers have good stuff already applied but I normally scrape it off & do it myself anyway.

Soldato
Will be used for gaming, I noticed I forgot to add a CPU cooler so you don't need to point it out now :p

I don't know about the 4890 been told it isnt worth the price difference.

Edit: Will be overclocking CPU.

Gaming and overclocking. You would be better off with the 4890...check the Graphics threads and see what people have said about it. It is a very good GPU :D

CPU cooler, I would say anything from the Thermalright TRUE rang (apart from Copper version lol) or Zalman CNPS9700 or even the Arctic Freezer 64 :D

Associate
Gaming and overclocking. You would be better off with the 4890...check the Graphics threads and see what people have said about it. It is a very good GPU :D

The 4890 is a very good GPU, but is more than £50 more than the 4870, which is only a few frames slower than the 4890. So if on a tighter budget stick with the 4870, if you must have the latest tech then go for the 4890.

You won't need 8gb of ram for a gaming rig, it will show no improvement over 4gb.

Samsung F1 or WD black for the hard drive.

I'd also get a few extra fans for the antec 300, help with the cooling. Also because the 300 is a smaller case, I'd get a modular PSU, make the cable management so much easier.

Permabanned
What do you mean? From most benchmarks I've seen, the barracuda's beat everything else, and even so, the HDD won't make the slightest difference in games, besides loading times.

This is what I mean buddy http://techreport.com/articles.x/15363/5

The Raptors rule our game level load tests, but the Caviar Black isn't far behind. In Doom 3, the Black essentially ties terabyte drives from Hitachi and Samsung. However, it comes out ahead of both in Far Cry, and is quicker than the terabyte Barracuda, too.

Back
Top Bottom