What game has the happiest memories for you?

Associate
Duke Nukem 3D - First real deathmatch experience. Nothing came close for having fun with mates. Pipe bombs and trip bombs make for some memorable moments :)

Eve online/WoW - Some great times on TS/Vent.

Permabanned
Counter strike condition zero, i used to love it, i loved going onto servers and having a great laugh and then having awesome fights :D

SHOCK CONTENDED OF THE CENTURY ROFL. One of the worst like remakes or wateva ever made lol.

My personal favourites

Tactical Ops. Used to love playing with the family online, it was like our cult game, every1 from my dad to my uncles, cousins used to play it :) great times, we still fire it up together now and again, still very active for a mod gone retail.
CSS
Unreal Tournament
Operation Flashpoint (aaa campaign mode)
HL2
MAX PAYNE 1
Max payne 2.

Associate
Im surprised how recent all the games are that you are all saying. To name only a few...

Super Cars 2
APB
Skid Marks
Sensible world of Soccer (got to be the one i had a demo of where all players are in army gear and the ball is a bomb, randomly the bomb would start flashing and you then had to get rid of it before it blew up. fun taking out all the other teams players)
Mega Lo Mania!!!!!
SWIV
Silk Worm
It Came from the Desert
Flash Back
Another World
The Settlers
Bubble Bobble
Rainbow Islands
Rick Dangerous
Bards Tale
Dungeon Master
Chaos Strikes Back
Eye of the Beholder
Forgotten Worlds
Blood Money

Personally i find all of the old classic games which didnt look much had so much more re-playability than todays games.

I love games :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Allied Assault. Damn, the only game I've ever been truly pro at.

Sonic Adventure. Playing that for the first time was a dream come true.

Half Life 2. I remember when I got that game I played from 6pm until midday the next day. :p

I'm sure there are more, but those are the games that stick out.

Permabanned
Im surprised how recent all the games are that you are all saying. To name only a few...

Super Cars 2
APB
Skid Marks
Sensible world of Soccer (got to be the one i had a demo of where all players are in army gear and the ball is a bomb, randomly the bomb would start flashing and you then had to get rid of it before it blew up. fun taking out all the other teams players)
Mega Lo Mania!!!!!
SWIV
Silk Worm
It Came from the Desert
Flash Back
Another World
The Settlers
Bubble Bobble
Rainbow Islands
Rick Dangerous
Bards Tale
Dungeon Master
Chaos Strikes Back
Eye of the Beholder
Forgotten Worlds
Blood Money

Personally i find all of the old classic games which didnt look much had so much more re-playability than todays games.

I love games :)

my uncle proberbly knows ALL of them. he loved sensible soccer imo. this post would bring back memories.

Associate
Too many to choose from, but there's a shortlist:

Sam'n'Max: Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ("Well whaddaya know - a purrfect fit :mad:")
MOH:AA
Fallout 1 & 2 (and now 3, sort of)
Deus Ex
Monkey Island Trilogy

Associate
Dark Age Of Camelot, not had a MMO experience like that game in its hay-day since

This, really miss the old DAOC days. Spending hours farming the gobbos ( root / root / mez ) down in Cornwall. Dinging 50, getting epic armour and then chasing the zerg around Emain for hours. Great fun.

Already mentioned, but Planetside, mostly during beta. Epic bridge battles, with my favourite strafing runs low over them in the galaxy. More than a few people died through not ducking.

Associate
Gonna have to mirror a few ppl here and say UO. The early days of that game were just something special. It is difficult to explain what made it so magic and I doubt the "wow" generation would get it. There was something about the way that game literally trailblazed an entire genre into being that allowed it to get away with stuff that would just be unacceptable now.

I remember "roleplaying" in it just for a laugh and actually developing a name for myself around Vesper bank on the Europa shard as a bit of a joker lol.

I also fondly remember my time playing Delta Force 1 & 2 on Novaworld during about the same time (between 1997-99). I particularly liked the first one as it was just so unique at the time when it first came out. Those large scale maps and 16/32 player dedicated servers... nothing came close for years. The first time I logged into one of those on a 56k dial up connection just blew me away. I remember having ridiculously vivid dreams about it after playing it every evening. The CTF mode in that was just so good.

A bit obscure, but does anyone remember ever playing Silent Death Online? It was a 2d aerial view space combat game originally hosted on gamestorm.com. That is also up there for me too. It got utterly ruined by EA in the end and got forgotten about once they stopped supporting it.

Associate
Same as Bubo, Ultima Online. At its peak the greatest game I have ever played on any machine format. Those days have gone though, but I'm very happy that I got the opportunity to play in those times.

Ultima Online, x1000000. Nothing has even come close.
I dont see how a single player game could ever create such memories tbh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom