What's a great gaming keyboard?

Associate
I am looking to get rid of our MS ergonomic 4000.
And would love to invest in an amazing keyboard.
I have been looking at the RAZR lycosa or tarantula,is it a good one?
I heard the tarantula does not have the rubber coating on the keys that rubs off
Thanks.

Soldato
Great gaming keyboards?

Logitech G15 or G19
Ideazon Merc (and Merc Stealth)
Saitek Eclipse and Cyborg

The Lycosa isn't what I would call a "gaming" keyboard, unless by "gaming" you mean has pretty lights.

Soldato
One thing to add.

The reason I listed those keyboards is because they are "Gaming" keyboards which means they are desinged with gamers in mind, they have things like macro buttons and short cuts/extra keys etc.

What you need to do is ask yourself "Do I need this stuff?"

If the answer is Yes, such as if you are an MMO player and need a lot of buttons then go for one of them.

If the answer is No however, don't, they are expensive and having a keyboard where you don't use half the keys is pointless.

Associate
g11 g15 g19 are all great

i have the the Razer tarantula its a good keyboard with nice functions and features and has the option to change the keys so you can change the letters to primary wepons or something like that.

Associate
OP
Thanks fenris,I think you hit the nail on the head.
I don't think it's a gaming keyboard I need,it's an extremely comfortable keyboard I need that will be good enough for gaming.

Associate
i've got a RAZR tarantula I like it but keys are a little smaller than normal so take a few days to get used too, i love it now though!

Soldato
Thanks fenris,I think you hit the nail on the head.
I don't think it's a gaming keyboard I need,it's an extremely comfortable keyboard I need that will be good enough for gaming.

In that case I highly recomend the Lycosa, very comfortable keys to type with and for gaming the rubber coating helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom