Last game you finished and it's rating

Associate
Eternal Sonata

10/10 One of the most beautiful games ive played in years from an artistic perspective. Great use of the anime/cel shaded style of graphics and it proves that games don't have to be photo-realistic visually to look stunning. An engrossing story and fun gameplay that while it does get a bit repetitive, it keeps you on your toes.

Wasn't the last game I completed but totally agree with you. Glad to see someone loved it as much as I did.

My last game: Fable 2 - 8/10

Soldato
Savage moon - 7.5/10

Really good tower defence game, just too damn short! There's also the issue that turret placement needs to be exact due to the strange way the AI can behave sometimes. On the final level i found myself taking ages making sure a turret was placed just right so it didn't block too much of a path and send the bugs on a rampage that destroyed everything, bit of a weird mechanic.

Hey ho, can't complain for less than a tenner.

Associate
fear 2 8/10

+ scare moments
+ slow mo (never gets old)
+ nail gun

- too short (steam said 7 hours on high difficulty... taking it slowly to appreciate the game)
- strange ending

Associate
GTA4 - lost and damned - 6/10 - disappointing, all getting a bit tedious this stuff now, and buggy as hell

FEAR 2 - 7/10 - better than expected, though it's still some way behind the best in this genre

KILLZONE 2 - 9/10 - Awesome game, loved it.

Soldato
Last game i finished was HAWX
Not bad a few things anoyed me like the EDS making a path that leads you into the ground when you follow it, the controls at points seemed to go a bit strange. The game was pretty fun just going around blowing stuff up, the you tube video recording was a cool feature wish more games had it, never touched the online though. Wondered why it was set in the future and i was using planes from 70 and 80's though? All in I'd give it a 6/10 which means slightly above average

Soldato
Mercs 2: Got fairly bad reviews in the press, I picked it up very cheap and wasn't expecting much but got to say I really enjoyed it. Yes it does have some rough edges, but easy to pick up and play for any length and you can into the action quickly (unlike GTA4 which I still haven't got round to finishing). A couple of negative points, completing the game prevents you fron unlocking certain achievements unless you load a saved game (and I didn't save close to the end). Also multi-player support seems to have died off (no servers found) which is a shame as there's load of easy gamerscore to be had there. Overall 7 for me.

Gears of War 2: Just finished this and just like the first it's a great game, enjoyable from start to finish. Not sure if it's just me but I found GOW2 easier and shorter than the first. Now on multiplayer and loving Horde mode. Overall 8.5 for me.

Soldato
Resident Evil 5.

I'd give it 7.5 out of ten.

Plus points-
Very pretty.
Good selection of weapons.
Excellent sound effects.

Bad points-

Clunky controls.
Too short.
Lacks scope and variety compared to Resi 4.
No puzzles.

Back
Top Bottom