So I had a little MTB race yesterday...

Soldato
Nice work 6th. Surprised to see you smiling during it tho!
hehe yeah but that was within the first 12 miles, I can only imagine 12 miles before the end he was a somewhat less chirpy bloke with a sore backside...

Seriously though, nice work and you're a lucky ****** getting to bike across the USA.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'd love to do that one day. I do envy you. :p

How come you're in the states if you don't mind me asking?

Don
gratz jonny boy :cool:

what device do you use to track your stats and stuff, looks like exactly what im looking for!

makes my biking efforts seem distinctly below par by comparison :(

Soldato
OP
You guys need to see the 'stach I had for this one. The race was the Mohican 100, whilst I can't quite grow a mohawk anymore :p the 'stach was a thing of beauty :D You'll have to wait for my friends photos as I don't have one of my own from this race.

Will, I use a Garmin 705. It's the bees knees. Tracks heart rate and cadence with the right sensors plus lets you have different maps on it. I generally use a road map for on the road bike and use a topo map for things like this so I can see the gradient etc.

That max HR from the Cohutta race was an anomaly caused by interference from something as I was doing about 40mph downhill at the time barely pedalling.

Here's the garmin details from this latest race:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/6374535

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I bought the 705 with heart rate and cadence sensors, no maps. You only need the cadence sensor on a road bike. I then bought a MicroSD card and aquired the maps separately.

It's better to do this than buy the SD card maps as you can't install those onto your PC to use with the garmin software for route planning in Mapsource or tracking your rides in training centre. Instead you install the different maps onto your PC and then upload then to your device. There's the official Garmin Topo or road DVD's or you can generally download 3rd party maps at no cost. Not sure what UK availability is like.

What's this in your English pounds with VAT:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31781

You'd probably enjoy having it with you when you're skiing. I did a whole day in Whistler with mine turned on, great fun seeing where you've been all day on the mountain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom