Band of Brothers

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you're never seen it, definitely buy it.

Along the lines of Saving Private Ryan. Not quite as focused, and has slightly less combat, but well impressive all the same.

Soldato
I have the tin set and i would say it's my most prized DVD :) VERY good, you really need to make time to watch and enjoy it properly.

Associate
Another vote here for the it's excellent category, bought the tin having not seen it before and sat down and watched it over about 3 nights, fantastic series. About time to watch it again I think.

Soldato
I also have the tin set and can highly recommend this, not at £44 though, try fleabay, it's going for a lot cheaper.

Once you start watching BOB, you'll not be able to stop until you've finished the set, pure class.

Soldato
Without a doubt its the best war drama i've ever watched. The best thing about it too is the fact its based on true events and on real life people whom some still live to this day.

Saving Private Ryan!!! Doesn't even come anywhere close to this.

A most own box set.

Last edited:
Associate
I had splashed out 50 for the tin when it was re-released (could only find the digipacks in the stores at the time and the tins were going for 80 bucks on the Bay too).
Anyway, a must have purchase - Bastogne and Replacements episodes are pretty action packed... watching through them all again at the 'mo!
If you've played through MOHAA Spearhead you'll find out where some of the missions got their inspiration from.

Soldato
I got the tin box for 15 quid on a very special offer ;) Quite a steal, I would have happily splashed out up to 50 pounds for it, the episodes are great, and the input by the vets is heart breaking at times, insightful at others. An emotional, yet interesting and informing insight to bits of WW2.

Btw, quick question regarding BoB2 - AFAIK there were no paras used in the Pacific, other than perhaps Okinawa? So what unit are they going to portray instead? Marines?

Soldato
Originally posted by Ex-RoNiN
I got the tin box for 15 quid on a very special offer ;) Quite a steal, I would have happily splashed out up to 50 pounds for it, the episodes are great, and the input by the vets is heart breaking at times, insightful at others. An emotional, yet interesting and informing insight to bits of WW2.

Btw, quick question regarding BoB2 - AFAIK there were no paras used in the Pacific, other than perhaps Okinawa? So what unit are they going to portray instead? Marines?

BOB2 :eek: First time I heard about that. Fantastic News.

EDIT: To be made in 2005, long wait but worth it in the end I hope.

Associate
Originally posted by Ex-RoNiN
I got the tin box for 15 quid on a very special offer ;)

i was also fortunate enough to get in on this deal :D

defo worth the £30 odd imo. and im not one to normally buy something based on the packaging (i buy it for the quality of the film, and occasionally the sound track) but i must say the tin box that it comes in is fantastic! one of the rare times ill say its worth the extra :)

Associate
BOBcontents.jpg

best dvd boxset ever ^^

Back
Top Bottom