Creative Fatal1ty Headset Drivers non existant?

Associate
Well I recieved my order [Creative Fatal1ty Headset] from OC's today and i've spent the last few hours trying to find drivers for it or even just to get it recognised by my computer. There's no disk with the packaging. Long story short, in every audio jack i could find nothing was recognised when i plugged it in.

I've trawled Creative's website and can find neither hide nor tail of any form of driver for this headset. Anyone got any solutions to get it to work please? And Yes, i've tried it on my TV so i know the headset actually works.

Thanks in advance, Chivalry.

Associate
OP
Well I can't get it recognised by the PC at all. Or i'm just being incredibly dense and missing something.

Edit: I've tried the front audio jacks and yes the headers are connected on the MOBO. I've tried the jacks on the back aswell and to be honest, i can't see any headphone jacks on my sound card.( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-045-CL&groupid=701&catid=11&subcat= ) since my speaker system occupies the green, grayish and orange jacks.

Last edited:
Associate
If anything like my onboard soundcard, as soon as i plug in the jack it cuts the speakers off and sound then comes through the headphones.

Silly question but have you checked that there is sound coming from the headphones at all? And is there a volume control on the headphones that could be on 0?

Associate
OP
Yep, I tried them on my TV as i said in the first post. The volume is in the right position. I'm simply not getting any notification or recognition from my PC that its connected when i plug it in.

Back
Top Bottom