Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Bought this yesterday, arrives on Tuesday, cant wait :D
This made me come up with the idea of post your hifi ;)

Add any specs to pics of your hifi...

Anyways here it is...

251003-MHCGX8800.jpg

470 Watts Total

Cant wait to hear what Obie Trice sounds like on this Beast mahaha.

Soldato
Hehe yep separates > mini system anyday just have to compare my Dads inexpensive (amp was 150 quid speakers and cd player 150 quid each) to socalled top of the range mini systems to come up with that one.

Soldato
I dont have much room, so I only have my PC.

I just use a Sherwood A/V receiver with a Pair of Yamaha NSC90 speakers.

Although when I'm sorted I've 2 FS & 2 bookshelf Eltax speakers that will form part of my A/V system ;)

Soldato
myamp.jpg

Sony amp and receiver. I have had it for years, its been a good amp.

Its bee set to Loudness and Bass+10 Treble+10 since the day i bought it :D

Ian

Soldato
Well, I suppose it's a hi-fi :p

My PC with an M-Audio FW410 external soundcard
Spirit Folio 16:2 Mixer
Samson 85WPC amp
2 x JBL Monitor 4208 speakers

Also got quite a good Sony mini system knocking around, but I don't have the space for it at the moment. If I ever re-acquire some I might set it up for surround sound with my main system :)

arty

Soldato
I have:
Technics SU-7300 Amp, from '78 my dad gave me,
Cambridge Audio DAB300 tuner,
NAD 524 CD Player,
B&W 601 S3s.
and Ferguson tuerntable.

Very nice and much better than those silly mini systems :D;).

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Downstairs is an Arcam Alpha 6 feeding an Audiolab 8000A / Mission 753 (the big floorstanders from the early 90's)

In here is the PC, Sony TA-FE570, Mission 771e

753-open.jpg
;)

Soldato
Mine
(specs below)

251003-PICT0004smallsize2.jpg

From top to bottom:

Denon TU-260L Tuner
Sony JE-520 MD deck
Pioneer DV-646A DVD player

Arcam Alpha 8 Amplifier
Arcam Alpha 7SE CD player

Denon DRM-650S Tape deck

Overall, I'm happy with the system. I have the DVD deck plugged into an Acer AL732 17" TFT sceen, which looks pretty good.

My only problem is that the amp is much too loud for my small room. The lowest possible volume level is too high for background music.

The speakers I have are a pair of Mission 731i. These are not really appropriate for the rest of the system, especially DVD-Audio. A dealer has suggested a pair of Dynaudio Audience 42Ws. They sound great in small rooms, are mounted close to the wall, and are very insenstive and so will need a powerful amp to drive them, hopefully solving my volume problem! Only thing is, they cost about £450..... I havent heard them yet either, but plan to soon.

Oh yeah, and a pair of Sennheiser HD-600 headphones which I really hate. Good thing I didnt pay full price for them.

:)

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Arcam Alpha 8 Amplifier
Arcam Alpha 7SE CD player

Very nice :cool:

The audiolab 8000A is no-where near powerful enough for those speakers... but no other amp (at the time) came close to the detail and quality at low/medium volumes for the price. The only thing you can play really loud on the system is dance music where the 'harshness' doesn't matter too much.

Soldato
I've not got a stereo here (have an AIWA Z-L70 or ZL-70 in my room at home which is never used though).

Here I just have my PC for playing music. I connect this upto my Marantz PM4200 which is connected to my Mission 773e's.

Does me :D

Mick.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Ste
Downstairs is an Arcam Alpha 6 feeding an Audiolab 8000A / Mission 753 (the big floorstanders from the early 90's)

In here is the PC, Sony TA-FE570, Mission 771e

753-open.jpg
;)

You'll get a much better sound if you seperate them about 12 foot :)

I haven't got a hifi now, I mainly use my Archos Multimedia Jukebox and then sometimes bang it through a 5000 watt PA system.

Associate
My setup, looking a little dated now:

Arcam Alpha 7SE
NAD 314 amp
Mission M72 speakers
Rega Planar 3 with £300 cartridge
Technics RT474 twin tape deck
all held together with some nice coloured (but pricey) cables
:D

Suspended
I have a Denon DRA-455 (after my cheapy Cambridge A5 died) with some KEF Cresta 2s at the moment, I also have a cheapo Technics SLPG-4 CD player which is elsewhere and not in use. QED Silver anniversary bi-wire cable as my trusty mains cable didn't really fit Denon's horrible speaker terminal connections.

daz

daz

Soldato
Musical Fidelity A1 (heavily A-class biased amplifer :))
Plugged into my PC
Eltax Liberty 5+

Very happy with the Musical Fidelity amp, and the speakers were also excellent for £99. I would like to get a decent CD player to go with the system soon, however. Also, in films, sub-bass is severely lacking from the Eltax, so a subwoofer + amp will be in order soon enough (i'm looking at building my own active sub). :)

Back
Top Bottom