LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Associate
can someone tell me how the hell to add and delete a favourite channel on this tv . ive downloaded the manual but i cant see anywhere how to add or delete a favourite ?
thanks

Associate
mrgee, I can’t help as I have returned my LG227, but I recall favourites did work well. As per my earlier posts, I could not get a viewable picture on freeview. It was the only freeview TV of 5 we tried at my and my neighbour’s home that could not cope with freeview. Still not sure if I had a faulty model as other people only seem to use this device as a monitor, so likewise, good luck for an answer to your question!

Associate
Hi guys,
The HDMI connector functions properly but thrust me .... at 1080p my PS3 looks gorgeous on my EPSON projector, while on this display i can count the points where an oblic lines brakes..it's really unpleasant to the eye...

For me this is a poor quality device for the many u end up paying...

my PS3 looks & runs amazingly well through hdmi on my LG M227WD,much better than my Dell 24" sw2409 or my 37" (hdmi ready tv).

best monitor for hdmi consoles & for Wii & ps2. ;)

Associate
OP
Yeah- cheers for that! Typically tho i've just read about the issue with hdmi for pc.... so that might make me look elsewhere. Not the end of the world i admit but annoying.

I admit it was disappointing receiving the set, having been using HDMI on an older, less equipped LG set, only to find the picture was off. Anyway, using DVI now which is crystal clear, hasn't affected me.

Associate
My graphics card has a VGA,HDMI and DVI output on the back, and i'm connecting two of these together as dual monitors (Which is quite impressive with a total resolution of 3840*1080)

Atm, i'm using the VGA cables that came with the monitor and a DVI-VGA adapator i had to connect both VGA cables to the graphics card.

I'm aware that I will get superior quality using the DVI input on monitor, and I can easily use one of the DVI outputs to do DVI-DVI on one of the monitors.

Would i get the same quality using the HDMI output on graphics card, with a HDMI-DVI adaptor to also use the DVI input on the other monitor? Reading the comments on this thread I've noticed many people saying that using HDMI input on monitor for PC is inferior to the DVI input for PC. Will I get the same quality doing HDMI-DVI as simply DVI-DVI?

Associate
OP
My graphics card has a VGA,HDMI and DVI output on the back, and i'm connecting two of these together as dual monitors (Which is quite impressive with a total resolution of 3840*1080)

Atm, i'm using the VGA cables that came with the monitor and a DVI-VGA adapator i had to connect both VGA cables to the graphics card.

I'm aware that I will get superior quality using the DVI input on monitor, and I can easily use one of the DVI outputs to do DVI-DVI on one of the monitors.

Would i get the same quality using the HDMI output on graphics card, with a HDMI-DVI adaptor to also use the DVI input on the other monitor? Reading the comments on this thread I've noticed many people saying that using HDMI input on monitor for PC is inferior to the DVI input for PC. Will I get the same quality doing HDMI-DVI as simply DVI-DVI?

Providing the connection into both TVs were DVI, then it doesn't matter which adapter you're using. I'm connected via HDMI from the graphics card, to DVI in the TV ;)

Soldato
i see from one of the above screenshots that the freeview tv picture is 4:3 aspect ratio, possible to set to 16:9 or 16:1O?

also confirm that PC via DVI and PS3 via HDMI looks spot on?

really need a decent multifunctional screen(tv) this is looking like the best contender

thanks

Associate
OP
i see from one of the above screenshots that the freeview tv picture is 4:3 aspect ratio, possible to set to 16:9 or 16:1O?

also confirm that PC via DVI and PS3 via HDMI looks spot on?

really need a decent multifunctional screen(tv) this is looking like the best contender

thanks

Aspect can be set to "Original", 4:3, 16:9, 14:9, Zoom1, Zoom 2 and "Just Scan"

PC via DVI is perfect

Gaming/movie playback via HDMI is perfect

PNE

PNE

Associate
Thinking of getting this monitor/tv, but my only problem is the audio. I have a 7.1 speaker set (Creative T7900) and am wondering if there is a way for me to be able to use the speakers with an Xbox 360 and PC, as well as producing sound if I was to switch to the TV tuner, at the same time?

I am pretty retarded when it comes to audio, so if there is a solution, could you please explain it in simple terms that a 5-year-old may understand? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom