Asian supermarkets

Soldato
After a recommendation started going to the Asian supermarket and tbh im amazed at how much stuff is in there and how cheap it is . eg 6 pints of milk £1.19 and lush vine tomatos at 48p a kg but the spice section is amazing ,rows and rows of fresh chillis and spices at ultra cheap prices that make Morrisons look like a total rip off ,anybody else been to one?

Permabanned
There are quite a few asian grocery shops in Swindon, as you say the prices can be really cheap for some stuff, herbs, spices, chillies etc. But their selection is not as big as say Tescos (obviously) so I usually just go there instead.

Great places to shop if you are making a curry though, and want all the right ingrediants fresh. :)

Caporegime
Went to university in Bradford so I've been to a few - they're more like cash and carrys though. Great place if you need to buy 20litres of vegetable oil though ;)

Associate
i used to work in a chinese warehouse /wholesaler/supermarket. used to get some really good deals on fresh veg and all sorts of other stuff, i visit the place now and then to pick up spices and stuff, also whole boxes of self cook prawn crackers for 40p \o/

Permabanned
Same here, I used to work at a Chinese & Indian wholesaler too. 'Fiddler's', just off Victoria Rd., Fenton if anyone can remember it. Used to get loads of food for free, was bloody great in the Summer too, due to the fact that we could just go and sit down in the huge walk-in freezer. :D

Associate
Same here, I used to work at a Chinese & Indian wholesaler too. 'Fiddler's', just off Victoria Rd., Fenton if anyone can remember it. Used to get loads of food for free, was bloody great in the Summer too, due to the fact that we could just go and sit down in the huge walk-in freezer. :D

we had those freezers too, though i remember one of the ones where i worked sprung a leak and i spent a week defrosting it in the winter D:

Soldato
There is a Thai supermarket near me, its awesome. There is also a Polish one that seems to sell very little apart from sasuage though.

Back
Top Bottom