old counter strike players?

Soldato
Played it from the beta going back quite some way! Couldnt pick teams or anything back then. Was some great old maps though, shame i cant remember the names :(

Associate
Played it from the beta going back quite some way! Couldnt pick teams or anything back then. Was some great old maps though, shame i cant remember the names :(

cs_siege
cs_mansion
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_tire
cs_militia
cs_hideout
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_dust
de_prodigy
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_backalley
de_train
de_nuke
de_fang
es_jail
es_frantic
as_oilrig
as_riverside
cs_747
as_forest
de_cbble
de_aztec
as_tundra
cs_italy
cs_office
as_highrise
cs_arabstreets
de_foption
de_vegas

Everything up to version one ;)

Associate
Started when you could zoom in with the colt, around beta 5.2 think it was, late 1999 or 2000. Used to love it but when Valve bought it it started going downhill..the guns started getting more random and they put stupid things in like shields. I quit around early retail I think. Used the name Melipone since around beta 6.5 but I probably changed it around a lot

Don't know why but they took out a load of fun maps. Not sure of the names, but they took a load of VIP maps out like the one where you had to escape in a snowy environment and get to a helicopter, or the jungle one with a waterfall (added when they first put in the Guerrilla model iirc and a new SIG rifle model), or the one with a speedboat that followed a river through the map. There was another fun game type as well where the terrorists had to escape to a certain part of the map..there was a map with a subway/train station with that game type iirc.

Now I play CSS and its OK but feels kind of like deathmatch sometimes with people running around spraying and getting random headshots.

Don't really like any other FPS's atm..want something competitive, tactical and difficult but not to the point where its no fun. TF2 doesn't feel like an FPS sometimes, more of a random number generator or a class vs class game. Its ok just gets boring very quickly for me. DOD:S is too random and seemed like a run and gun game. Loved the original DOD though when it was a mod for HL. COD games are too boring..no recoil and shallow gameplay (3 nades each? Dropping a nade when you die? COD have always been rubbish games imo, unless you play a modded "realism" server that adds recoil). Red Orchestra is great but i've played it to death. Hoping their new RO game RO2: Heroes of Stalingrad will get me interested again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
cs_siege
cs_mansion
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_tire
cs_militia
cs_hideout
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_dust
de_prodigy
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_backalley
de_train
de_nuke
de_fang
es_jail
es_frantic
as_oilrig
as_riverside
cs_747
as_forest
de_cbble
de_aztec
as_tundra
cs_italy
cs_office
as_highrise
cs_arabstreets
de_foption
de_vegas

So many good maps :(

Used to love playing in the beta days, me and a mate constantly played nearly every evening over the LAN with bots, good times :)

Permabanned
cs_siege
cs_mansion
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_tire
cs_militia
cs_hideout
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_dust
de_prodigy
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_backalley
de_train
de_nuke
de_fang
es_jail
es_frantic
as_oilrig
as_riverside
cs_747
as_forest
de_cbble
de_aztec
as_tundra
cs_italy
cs_office
as_highrise
cs_arabstreets
de_foption
de_vegas

Just seems like office and D2 on CSS sometimes. I miss 747 and a lot of them.

I still have it kicking about but I lost or seriously damaged one of the CD's so can't install anymore. :(

Associate
Used to play when I was about 14/15 till was about 18. Loved the game and played it 24/7.
Used to play for a team called -uR- (UpRising) and Infusion.

Sirus was my alias!

Soldato
since beta 5.2 here up to source and still playing source. well I say playing, once every 2 weeks maybe for a mix.

I started at beta 5.2 too, could never be bothered to DL it on slowdem so used to wait till it was on cover disks. So I went 5.2, 6.6 then 7.2 i think.

Fortuntly once it went retail far less updates to download

Associate
cs_siege
cs_mansion
cs_wpndepot
cs_prison
cs_assault
cs_desert
cs_tire
cs_militia
cs_hideout
cs_ship
cs_station
de_nuke
de_dust
de_prodigy
cs_docks
cs_facility
cs_backalley
de_train
de_nuke
de_fang
es_jail
es_frantic
as_oilrig
as_riverside
cs_747
as_forest
de_cbble
de_aztec
as_tundra
cs_italy
cs_office
as_highrise
cs_arabstreets
de_foption
de_vegas

:( *sniff sniff* variety how i miss you :(

Soldato
Nuke was an insane map for matches, loved it. Separated the 'good at dust2' clans from the real players.

Inferno was probably my favourite - "I've got banana"

First time was on 1.3, got it on a PCGamer disk & was still on 56k - my lowest ever ping was 299.

Anyone know any CS Source servers with full rotation (and please, no mods of any kind) ? Or is impossible :p

OcUK 2 rotates between Italy, Office, dust2, assault, aztec and tides at the moment and isn't modded at all. (Sourcemod is on there for admin purposes only). See this thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18044192 for more info on the ocuk css servers.

I could make it a full rotation, but I don't know who would want to play on maps such as de_port etc...

However I may add both de_nuke and de_inferno at some point if people want them.

Back
Top Bottom