old counter strike players?

Associate
I remember the ocuk servers but wasnt really a regular. I started in the early beta 6.1 days with my Diamond 56k modem and recognise a few names and clans mentioned here from Clanbase matches when it was perfectly normal to play maps such as Italy and Militia. My clan was TSA (then changed it to s@) and i was called Silent @ssassin or JoJoTheFlyingMonkey.

Then i got ADSL and discovered UKTerrorist. You couldnt beat the flaming and numerous threats to beat people up at lan on that site. With my new adsl line i became ForsakeN <o/ Atemi and probably played the game far too much before Sauce finally helped me stop playing the game by being completely ****.

I do miss the days of irc and going to lans etc but i hate to think how much teenage sex i missed out on as a consequence.....

Associate
I started playing Counter-strike in beta 3.0 (1999) with my friends. That was back in the day when only one of us even had an Internet connection (not a modem but an ISDN, mind you!) so we basically just played 5-10 hours a day in a LAN of four people. Two versus two in the most legendary maps. Most of the maps were way too big for our games but somehow that just didn't matter, it was simply fun fun and fun. Few months later I first joined an online server, the map was cs_docks (my all time favourite along with cs_backalley and the first iteration of cs_militia) and it was like no experience before. Ok, maybe Doom deathmatch in our school network was pretty comparable experience :) I dare not say how big a phone bill I received two months later but rest assured, the first time our city got anything resembling a real Internet connection (cable modem), I was literally the first person in line to order one. First in line in a city of 100k people, mind you.

I stopped playing competitively back when most people were still unaware of the game, that was version 1.1 (1.3 was right around the corner). I moved on to Day of Defeat which I think was even better game than the original CS was. At least the scene was much better. After DoD, I haven't really found an online fps game that matches those experiences. CoD4 was fun for a month or so, CoD5 was fun for maybe three days. Section 8 was fun for three hours and now all hope lies on MW2.

Associate
I miss 1.6, used to play it so much!

I remember going on a server called "hashwar" or something, always seemed to be a good one.

Anyone else tempted to fire up 1.6 again?

Caporegime
Me (under Dogma back then), waynor, 6th, will gill and kendall and possibly mcnub ;) are still around on here, don't think any of them play CS tho.

:cool:

Awesome days to be honest. PCWs with clans that lasted 30 seconds due to priming nades and rushing A backwards in the pistol round, I mean what's up with that? - legit tactic right there. I remember when the forum got taken down because it was literally just full of spam and abuse, tremendous. I think the funniest possible moment I can remember was with Shep when we constantly kept fishing the same guy, hence 'Damien' was born, or jumping around with nades primed using the flashlight to burn the T planting the bomb. Hahahhah, makes me laugh just thinking bout it.

Then of course there were the old school OcUK LANs, with the likes of Will, Ted, Lowe, Benny, Shadow (loler UK2), Lanky Piz, Dog, Bedrock, Wilf, Banana amongst plenty of others at the iseries. Those were the times!

Liam is clearly a sexy man as well, just for the record.

Last edited:
Associate
Everytime I think of bs.cs matches I chuckle, the banter on the mic was absolute gold dust! And the I-series we attended...well, let's just say WillGill was ******* W***! I think the last time I played was about 8month ago if not longer I'm sure I ran into Stag on a server, but that was like a farewell game before I took my PC apart as it was taking space up in my room!

CT's on dust2...All in B for fish supper...Good times!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrroooooooon...YOU KNOW IT BABY! You are some sexy creature aswell!

Caporegime
Bit of Liam, legend right there.

Does anyone have that video that clan made to try and get us banned from ED whilst playing with bs.cs?? It had Jackos' Beat It on it? Was absolute gold that one. Think it was me, Steve (Cant remember his nick? - Memory is awful, something like Monk :p), Liam, Mini and A.N.other on it.

There it is, link to ED clan http://www.enemydown.co.uk/clanmembers.php?id=2613

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah, not Monk, it was Meep :p and roj, Kendall.

Who was that chopper with the teeth like he could eat through a tennis racket sat in front of us at one of the i Lans? He was loving the fish that lad.

Back
Top Bottom