What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Shamelessly stolen from another forum but as I spend most of my time on Overclockers thought I would see if it gets going on here, unfortunately this isn't the most popular board but heres hoping. I'll start.

Last night I watched The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed, good mix of story, action, comedy etc very much a hollywood film but they cut a lot of the fluff and made it very streamlined and entertaining. It won't go down as a classic but definately an enjoyable experience. On the Blu-Ray side, picture is fantastic and the sound definately gets you immersed in the action scenes, notably the Hulk roar when he smashes out of the glass overpass and when he slaps his hands to put out the fire, had my mate and I smiling :)

So, what did you watch last night? (And feel free to give opinions).

Associate
I watched The Terminator (1984), I always used to prefer this over T2 because it felt more original, there was something raw about it. I must say, it looked very dated now but still enjoyable, I've yet to watch the end though, started falling asleep so didn't see it to the end.
I can't remember the last time I saw this, must be nearly 10 years ago, brought back some fond memories anyway.

Caporegime
Eden Log (hadn't seen it before)
Dog Soldiers (missus hadn't seen it before)

I was impressed by Eden Log, and would recommend it to anyone. Dog Soldiers is a good old romp, and I was watching it for at least the third time.

:)

Associate
I watched a good portion of 'Sands of Iwo Jima' as it was on Film4, its a great dramatisation of the storming of Iwo Jima very gritty and gripping viewing. It was made in '49 just 4 years after the war ended so it would still have been fresh in the minds of the veterans of the Pacific war which im not sure whether it could be a little soon to make films about, but then I suppose they are making shows about the war in Afghanistan whilst we are still over there. Bad taste or not im not sure?

The last full film I saw was The Order of the Phoenix with the missus, have been impressed with the Harry Potter films, they have got better as they went along.

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched From Dusk Till Dawn for the first time the other night. Seemed really good most of the way through, but then WTF? Turned completely ridiculous!

I also watched Seven Pounds the night before, I thought it was a bit 'meh'.

Soldato
Didn't watch a film last night as i watched 5 episodes of True Blood.

The night before watched I Love you, Man which i found funnier than i probably should have :p

True Blood is an excellent show :)

What would you compare 'I love you, Man' to?

Last film I watched was 'Pretty Woman' and a really enjoyed it :D

Soldato
Yea True Blood is great so far, wasn't too impressed at first but it's really picking up!

I Love you, Man i guess is along the same lines as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and the like, decent comedy with Rom-Com vibes, definately worth a watch :)

I'm upto date with Season 2. Where abouts are you? It does get better, especially in season 2.

I'll give ILYM a try :)

Back
Top Bottom