Case Complete

Associate
OP
Looks great, and the work you did looks very professional. I like the how the front turned out but not to keen on the top fan.

Other than that, fantastic work. :)

thanks, yeah i need to get a nice grill for it, I might use the same stuff as i used for the front grill and just drill the holes slightly bigger to allow more air to exit it definatly looks a bit out of place the way it is though. I have to find a way of getting as much air through the grill and still having it look nice because that fan makes a huge difference to case temps, with out it the heat from the videocards just wells up.

Associate
would look a zillion times better if you took that intel sticker of the heatsink.....always looks tacky in my opinion. Very very very nice though. And proof that you should get a lian li whatever your budget.

Soldato
Nice clean build mate, I like it, although I think the case is a little on the small side but still really good job.

Doesn't that bottom GPU get really hot??

I thought that you needed a case that had at least 8 slots on the back for TRi SLI configuration?

Associate
He said about that earlier, had to cut some extra holes for it to get/expell air.

Im a lover of the PC7 too, absolutely belting case!! Just wondering if you have a photo of how you've mounted the hard drives? Need to move mine up to the 5.25" bays soon and thinking of the differrent ways to mount them

But yea, nice build man, ridiculously clean looking! :)

Associate
OP
Temps are ok, The bottom videocard draws air in from a 120mm hole cut into the underside of the case which also has a filter to protect the card.

Also because the bottom videocard has its hot air exit below the pcie slots as you noticed, a exit for this air had to be cut into the case in that space.

The bottom card is the coldest and the middle one is the hottest in terms of pcb temps. all three are undervolted although they are able to run stock clock speed settings. The fans dont go above 80% I have been able to undervolt it even more and the highest core temp hovers around 85c now.

I like cases this size although its more sensable to put a tri sli system in a bigger case to keep it safe I like this challenge. Currently I am working on a high end SLI x58 micro atx system in a modded silverstone sugo case will post pics of that if it works out and it doesnt fry itself :D. I have got as far as cutting the windows out of the sides and choosing the heatsink for the cpu and the asus rampage 2 gene motherboard.

Associate
OP
He said about that earlier, had to cut some extra holes for it to get/expell air.

Im a lover of the PC7 too, absolutely belting case!! Just wondering if you have a photo of how you've mounted the hard drives? Need to move mine up to the 5.25" bays soon and thinking of the differrent ways to mount them

But yea, nice build man, ridiculously clean looking! :)

I could only find one pic, and its not too good, I dont have access to a camra right now but I had to cut out a hole in the other side of the bay for the power and sata cables and then used some rubber edge trim to cover the sharp edges.

heres the pic, you can see a small part of that hole through the hard drives
NewBitmapImage5.jpg

Associate
Nice! Id not thought of mounting them that way at all! Was just going to bungee mount them but the normal way round, with the cables coming out where they normally do. Problem with that was Im planning on having my res's there so would be tight!

Cheers for the photo :)

Back
Top Bottom