iphone headphone jack issue

Associate
So since yesterday my iPhone headphone jack has become very flakey - it has to be held in a certain position for the sound to come out properly (otherwise its much more muted, and staticy)

I was going to take it into the apple store but the problem is this; the supplied apple headphones seem to work ok. I know what apple is like with using non-apple stuff with their products and the only way I can prove it's busted is to show them using non-apple headphones.

Do you think this is gonna stop them honouring my warranty and fixin her up? Anyone had any similar experiences?

Associate
Are you sure it's not actually your headphones then?!

I'd hope that Apple wouldn't get in a tizz about you using non-Apple headphones. They did provide an industry standard headphone socket!

int

int

Soldato
Happened with my old iPod Touch, I don't think it likes being pushed around too much. I assume you've had the headphones in whilst the phone is in your pocket?

The pressure of your leg/jeans against the jack has probably damaged the socket :(

Caporegime
Yep, my creative had the same issue after a few years, my dad is also forever changing the jacks on radios in health clubs too.

Back
Top Bottom