X3: TC - Joystick, throttle and SETA issues.

Associate
XHi,

I have finally got X3 Terran Conflict and dug out my Saitek X36F joystick adn X35T throttle.

Windows 7 accepted them and installed the drivers without an issue and I can remap the keyboard comands in X3 to the settings on the various buttons I like but I have a couple of problems.

SETA just turns off as soon as it is tuned on.
Auto pilot only stays on if I am in the sector map screen
Auto Dock only stays on if I hold the shift key after doing the shift+D to turn it on else it turns straight off.

I imagine the issue is because the joystick is sending continual signals for something. How to fix this or work around it ?

No SETA in X3 is a bit of a show stopper.

Cheers
RB

Associate
IIRC the SETA issue comes from your use of the throttle - most are quiet sensitve, so unless they are full up or down, there is a tiny variation in the signal as it cant decide if its at position x or y etc
this small change in the speed is the same as hitting "z" or "x" on the keyboard, and knocks you out of SETA.

I just dont use my throttle - leave at fully up and then just use TAB (remapped to joystick if you so choose) to go to max speed and BACKSPACE to stop. Althoguh you may be able to solve the problem by reducing the sensitivity on the throttle.

The auto pilot issue may be the same cause (cant remember if accelerating does thi?), or it may be that you have the strafe drive mapped somewhere and are using it, this will also knock you out of autopilot.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I am guessing the same.

I have just calibrated both in Win 7 but no luck sorting out the issue.

I will see if I can turn down the sensitivity within X3.

I used to use the Saitek software to manage the key mappings but they don't have a 64bit version and I am not sure the 32bit version will work in Win 7

Cheers
RB

Back
Top Bottom