What should I buy my girlfriend for her 40th Birthday?

Associate
HELP, its my girlfriend 40th birthday next month and have no idea on what to buy. I was thinking of getting a Rolex watch, but as they start at around £2000 that is a bit out of my budget ( I had no idea they were SO expensive :mad:), was thinking of spending around £800, but I just have no idea what to get and I am now starting to PANIC :confused:

Any ideas would be greatfully received

Soldato
£800 for a GIRLFRIEND???? If it was your wife I might understand but I find this quite hard to accept.

A colleague at work is going away to New York for her 40th which she has saved months for along with her husband (both band 7 with the NHS). Why would you want to spend so much on a girlfriend?

I guess if this is what you have decided to do then I suppose a long weekend away to one of the european countries would be nice. Pick any city, maybe Rome or Milan? or Barcelona or Paris? All are very affordable with that price you are looking at. I tend to spend about 5-600 on said breaks with my wife now and then.

For £800 on my next birthday I will be your girlfriend too ;)

Soldato
LEGO Technic Crane Truck for £120 tbh.

2560818625spa72uc585030.jpg

legotechnicstrucknewset.jpg

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Diamonds. She'll pretty much have to.

When she's done, tell her about all the poor little children who died for it.

Gog

Gog

Associate
£800 for a GIRLFRIEND???? If it was your wife I might understand but I find this quite hard to accept.

I'm not the OP, but I've been with my girlfriend for 14 years in January. Not even engaged. Maybe the OP is in a similar situation?

To the OP - Have you asked if there is anything she particularly would like, or does this have to be a surprise? What are her hobbies, likes/dislikes, etc.?

Associate
An engagement ring and a good oven.

I mean, let's face it, you've not got a whole heap of time left on the clock so you may as well face the reality of your impending free bus pass.

Don
My missus's 40th in about 3 weeks

taking her to NY, think it was about £1100 ( tagged 4 days playing poker in Atlantic City on back of it but that's the kind of great guy I am :p )

oh and a meal in a Michelin 3* restaurant while there

er and a new netbook

and a party when we get back for family

should have bought a Rolex now I think about it :( ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom