• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Associate
Im not one to whine about things, but since ive installed these drivers ive had no end of lockups with my pc :/ basically most games i play will randomly lock up and you cant get to windows, so it requires a manual reboot to getting it working again. May go back to 9.11's...

Associate
My system is oc'd on the cpu and i have never had a problem with any of the drivers i have installed although i went from 9.10 to 9.12 didn't bother with 9.11. I also just install them over the old ones and so far not a single problem but clearly there are people who are having problems and it can't all be down to user error although with some it will be.

Permabanned
OP
Well after a full format of windows 7 x64 Battlefield 2 still wont load with 9.12 and the hotfix. When i try to boot it up the screen goes black as normal then flashes black then back to desktop... I am running on a 1080P panasonic PZ82..

Associate
Well after a full format of windows 7 x64 Battlefield 2 still wont load with 9.12 and the hotfix. When i try to boot it up the screen goes black as normal then flashes black then back to desktop... I am running on a 1080P panasonic PZ82..

If you did a clean windows install and a full re-install of BF2 + patches then this may not work but normally when you get this issue with BF2 you can try...

Delete any folders in "\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\"
Search "\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\" for any "video.con" files and open them.
Look for this line "VideoSettings.setResolution 1680x1050@60Hz"
And try changing it to the res and refresh you want to use.
If that doesn't work try something else that your monitor supports or try something standard like 800x600@60Hz

I've tried BF2 with the 9.12 hotfix drivers here and it loads ok.

Associate
I seem to be getting along fine with these... Apart form a lack of AA in Empire TW and the giant mouse cursor issue sometimes. But that is from a complete re-install of Win7 due to my upgrade last week...

Back
Top Bottom