• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
I think there is an issue with powerplay on these drivers. Borderland would sometimes lock at startup and I noticed the GPU Freq was stuck at 400. May be this is an issue for other games. This occurs on a MSI GD60 and Asus P6T Dlx.

Soldato
I've noticed the 9.12's seem to be working the GPU a little harder. They did expose an unstable overclock for me on my 5770. I've had to back off a little 10Mhz, or so but all is good.

Permabanned
OP
If you did a clean windows install and a full re-install of BF2 + patches then this may not work but normally when you get this issue with BF2 you can try...

Delete any folders in "\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\"
Search "\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\" for any "video.con" files and open them.
Look for this line "VideoSettings.setResolution 1680x1050@60Hz"
And try changing it to the res and refresh you want to use.
If that doesn't work try something else that your monitor supports or try something standard like 800x600@60Hz

I've tried BF2 with the 9.12 hotfix drivers here and it loads ok.

Tried this with loads of different resolutions but still same thing :(

Soldato
I've noticed the 9.12's seem to be working the GPU a little harder. They did expose an unstable overclock for me on my 5770. I've had to back off a little 10Mhz, or so but all is good.

Funny you mention this, my card was overclocked stable for ages, never worked out why until you said now but i was getting crashes to start with, with the new drivers. had to lower my overclock to get stable again.

So this could be true ;)

is v sync not inside burnouts menu

Looked at all the settings, no built in feature to enable Vsync :mad:

Same with a couple of games, seems to have no affect forcing in CCC :(

Soldato
Funny you mention this, my card was overclocked stable for ages, never worked out why until you said now but i was getting crashes to start with, with the new drivers. had to lower my overclock to get stable again.

So this could be true ;)

Looked at all the settings, no built in feature to enable Vsync :mad:

Same with a couple of games, seems to have no affect forcing in CCC :(

Yeah L4D2 and Dirt 2 would hard lock my system. MW2 was fine and would play for hours....

Dropping 10mhz on my cores has solved them locking up.

Associate
I have a question as I have never been able to work this out. Using CCC and in game I set vsync to always off. Now this works for the most part but for some reason whenever I play certain Nvidia branded games I am hard locked to 60 fps. I Alt tab out to make sure vsync it isn't on and it's not.

Yet when people post benchies or review sites they can defeat the 60fps limit.

I have never been able to solve this and was wondering if anyone could help. I am fairly new to using CCC so still working my way round it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure it never happened when I used an Nvidia card.

It only happens when I use an ATI card.

It happens on company of heroes like the poster above posted and one or two others yet on games like Re5 and sf4 (nvidia sponsored games) it fine.

Associate
It's probably just the engine that is locked. Like BF2 is locked at 100.

gamelock.fps 0

in the console unlocks it.

For CoH try...

“C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe” -novsync

Soldato
well been messing with need for speed shift as was getting flashing headlights and brake lights and a little stuttery ingame, it turns out catylst A.I needs to be set to disabled and it cures the problem, trouble is my crossfire seems to dissapear aswell, crossfire symbol goes missing :mad:

Associate
Will try the command to set novsync, also in crysis with 9.11 and 9.12 sets refresh to 24hz, its 50hz with the 9.10. All other games other than crysis, crysis warhead and company of heroes are fine with the 9.12 drivers.

Soldato
well been messing with need for speed shift as was getting flashing headlights and brake lights and a little stuttery ingame, it turns out catylst A.I needs to be set to disabled and it cures the problem, trouble is my crossfire seems to dissapear aswell, crossfire symbol goes missing :mad:

Disabling CAT A.I disables CF.

Associate
Chaosphy>Thanks for that tip. It worked a treat. I wish I only knew that when I had my other ati cards you could have saved me so much headache as it use to bug me no end.

The strange thing is when there is a Nvidia card present the option to toggle the vsync is in the options but the moment an ATI card goes in then it dissappears.

It could be said that relic coded it that way considering it was sponsored by nvidia but I always found at least that ATI cards in general performed slower in CoH than the Nvidia counterparts besides the 5870.

Even when I had 4890's crossfired it was nowhere near as good as the 285 in that game.

Once again thanks for that tip now to try and sort out the other games.

Soldato
right got something else, ive installed 9.12 hotfix drivers and yet in ccc its reported as 9.11 and the same in msi afterburner, thanks toon mad for the tip on afterburner, thought that would only work with msi cards:cool:

Back
Top Bottom