• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

dual ati hd 4850 driver issues - help!

Associate
in my computer i have a standard ati hd 4850 512mb graphics card, i recently bought the 1gb hd 4850 saphire from overclockers. I have an issue where the ati graphics driver keeps failing. checking in the event log i get the following:

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

This happens aftre loggon and randomly on a daily basis. I have tried updating the graphics drivers, loading old drivers and switching the cards into different slots. I have also tried each card seperatly with no issues. There where no other changes to the computer and the issues only occured after the change.

when it fails the computer will freeze and then recover

Anyone have any ideas to what the problem is and how would i go about fixing it?

thanks for the help

Associate
OP
Power supply

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply [OCZ600MXSP-UK]

the box says that it is capable of handling two graphics card in dual crossfire-x mode.

Ill try putting a spare PSU in to power the new graphics card on its own to see if this solves the problem

UPDATE
upgraded to corsairs 1000w psu to rule this out. i am now getting error codes 10 on startup and error code 14 and 19. I have tried to update to the 10.1 drivers but will not let me. I have reinstalled the .net framework, removed C++ 2005 and used drive sweeper to remove all ati files. drivers that came with cards no longer load. i don't have another comp to test the cards on either. also is bluescreening randomly due to an ati file which doesn't even exist on the computer. Anyone had even anything like this at all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom