***Official Global Agenda thread***

Soldato
***Offical(Well we have a fair few members!) OcUK clan DooM! Visit www.doom-guild.co.uk or messages
Tashohnie, Trixta, Tals, Skuko, Primal or Nemah in game for invite!***

Release date 01/02/10

The game is a action based 3rd person shooter.
The makers have described the game as World of Warcraft meets TF2.

Here is the trailor for it, which if this doesn't sell it I don't know what will!

Now here is a video of the game play - hope its the right video at work!

There are 4 classes, Assaulter (Tank/DPS) Reckon (Rogue/Assassin type class) Medic (Healer/DoT(damage overtime) type class) and a Robot (engineer from TF2)

Here is the brief description of a few things

Create your agent - Create, customize, and develop multiple agent characters, complementing your FPS skills with accessible RPG-style progression. Unlock weaponry and cuttingedge devices including jetpacks, grenade launchers, mines, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys,robotic droids and HUNDREDS of others.

Co-Op with friends online - Four players share the same online mission experience - working as a team,communicating via built-in text and voice chat, infiltrating facilities, defeating end bosses, and earning technology upgrades.

Compete in fast-paced, multiplayer matches - Teamwork and tactics are paramount within objective-based game types designed from the ground up to support intense and balanced player vs. player combat.

INCLUDED WITH OPTIONAL CONQUEST SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE
Conquer persistent territory - Player formed agencies compete for scarce territory, resources, and technology on a persistent world map. Create and upgrade facilities, attack and defend territories, and engage in Base Raids, production, politics and deception on your way toward world domination.

Now there are two payment options, one is you pay per month the other is free to play. The below outline what you get with each option

Free to play
Creation of up to eight different agent characters
Character visual customization
Access to all combat weapons and devices
Cooperative Player vs. Environment missions against the Commonwealth NPC faction, AI-controlled enemies, and Boss Fights
Matchmade Player vs. Player missions with a variety of different game types and maps
Character progression through 100 levels (All devices and skills unlocked by level 30)
Achievement and unlocks system for individual characters
Player Inventory for suits, flair, dyes, upgrades, and loot
Auction House with bidding and buyouts
Virtual Reality practice fighting area
Vendors and accumulation of in-game currency
Text chat with multiple channels
Built in voice chat during missions
Ability to join an established player-created agency
All play is on our single-shard, hosted server environment to ensure convenient and consistent gaming experience.
Ability to sign up for one free month of Global Agenda: Conquest subscription at registration (credit card required, can be cancelled at any time).

Pay monthly
Access to Alliance vs. Alliance (AvA) World Domination gameplay:
A massive scale campaign between player created agencies and alliances over scarce territory and resources on a persistent world map.
Attack and Defend Territories in zones that match your agency's schedule
Agency and Alliance Management - Create and maintain persistent player groups and officer ranks
Creation and Upgrading of Facilities - Control production and output
Base Raids - involving up to 60 players per side; coordinated between 6 different strike teams within linked territory instances
Agency Achievement System, Leveling, and Recognition
Mail System
Upgrade Text and Voice chat to support multiple channels and strike teams
Player Crafting with blueprints
Additional character customization options including elite character suits, dye colors, and seasonal flair
Ongoing Co-Op content at max character level
Ongoing AvA content, multiplayer PvP content, and new social areas
Must first purchase Global Agenda to activate a Conquest subscription.

You can pre purchase the game on steam for £31 and it means you get access to beta on the 7th. It is not an on going beta but it is a time tabled beta and they will let you know as and when they pop up.

I loved planet side and I know this will not be on the scale of that but I'm hoping it will be good.

Last edited:
Soldato
a beefed up planetside? can only be a good thing!

done some reading up on it and the pricing seems reasonable for the premium subscription. £7.99 per month with slightly cheaper options for buying 3 or 6 months at a time. Its cheaper than warcraft :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone in the beta? Are you able to reveal anything - is it fun to play do you plan to continue playing after release etc? Also how restrictive is the beta - I understand they only open up particularly time slots to play.

Note as I understand it preordering on steam gets you into the beta

Soldato
OP
Anyone in the beta? Are you able to reveal anything - is it fun to play do you plan to continue playing after release etc? Also how restrictive is the beta - I understand they only open up particularly time slots to play.

Note as I understand it preordering on steam gets you into the beta

I will let you know the answers to your questions on Thursday :)

I didn't think £31 was bad, you also get 1 month free of the premium subsciption when you buy it so its not too bad.

Got 5 of my guild playing so if anyone wants to team up gimme a shout, add me to steam: cHk4

Associate
I will probably buy this based on the trailer alone. Never played an MMO before though. Other than the usual "OMG WOW WILL STEAL YOUR LIFE" thing, any advice?

Also, any ideas how much this will cost monthly to play the conquest mode?

Last edited:
Caporegime
If it can deliver a decent playing experience with 100+ people then im there
I've had my eye on this for nearly a year it seems, but im not holding my breath just in case.

Soldato
OP
I will probably buy this based on the trailer alone. Never played an MMO before though. Other than the usual "OMG WOW WILL STEAL YOUR LIFE" thing, any advice?

Also, any ideas how much this will cost monthly to play the conquest mode?

Which trailer? The no elfs one? That sold me also :D Thing is with this from what I gather its a little different from WoW, although there is the MMO aspect (or RPG) of leveling up you will be competitive from the word go. So its really a case of upgrades etc from the way I understand this game.

I believe its £7.99 a month

If it can deliver a decent playing experience with 100+ people then im there
I've had my eye on this for nearly a year it seems, but im not holding my breath just in case.
Yea Efour, I've been waiting for this for a while, been yearning for something a little Planetside like since I quit planetside... I have high hopes and really hopes it delivers!

Associate
Interested in this but most of the leaked comments from CB are negative.

Would I need to pre-order before the beta starts in order to get access to it? I'd rather wait to hear some opinions first (not NDA breaking, just good/bad etc) before I lay down the cheese :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I thought the actual fights were only upto 8v8 ?
Think that side is 12vs12 or something like that. Paid players can do the below
Access to Alliance vs. Alliance (AvA) World Domination gameplay:
A massive scale campaign between player created agencies and alliances over scarce territory and resources on a persistent world map.

Base Raids - involving up to 60 players per side; coordinated between 6 different strike teams within linked territory instances

Also I heard a lot of good things about the game about from class balancing which is being sorted out.

Soldato
OP
Well I spoke to a friend last night about it and he played it at e3 and he loved it. He said it plays really well and is very very polished. Looking forward to playing this bad boy tomorrow.

Soldato
I'm a little confused - it's an mmo but at any given time you are only playing with 4 - 12 people on your team? So no massive scale fights and no solo play?

[Edit]: Sorry just read on the subscription scheme that you can have 60 vs 60.

Last edited:
Soldato
[Edit]: Sorry just read on the subscription scheme that you can have 60 vs 60.

involving up to 60 players per side; coordinated between 6 different strike teams within linked territory instances

That may not actually mean 60 vs 60 - sound more like 10 man teams in each instance, but your actions affect the other instances.

I hope it's good - I like the art style and the whole concept, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews.

Soldato
this did have appeal when it was first shown, however it looks too limited in size and scope to be classed as an MMo and have a subscription.

I'll be giving this a miss and carrying on with Aion an subscription (*yes totally diff games I know*), I also think Section 8 is a better option for now but I will keep an eye on it and see how it performs on general release.

Back
Top Bottom