• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i9 Core

Soldato
The next gen isn't called i9, instead its an i7 980X or something close to this. Plus loads of xeon chips, where hopefully one will be six cores, fit in 1366 and cost less than the extreme edition.

It's confirmed working in most 1366 boards, the UD5 has been used successfully to overclock the "leaked" six core samples

Soldato
Do u think it worth to buy i9 (i7 980X) with revision c0 or wait for revision d0 stepping to save waste of money ?

I think it'll depend more on how much moolah you have, with rumours of £1000 being banded about (and I'm almost certain they're true, considering its an extreme edition i7, and the 975 is already £780).

Caporegime
I gotta admit, i applaud the technology and input put into this 6 core cpu, but the price is beyond comprehension for the average user, still cant wait to see how it performs. Maybe one day when i have a good run on the horses.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i have requested samples of the opty

hopefully they will be similar in terms of clocking to the good old opteron 144
if they are, i might just go AMD for a while

i found a bit of news on the 6core chips here

i dont know how true it is or if it is just media speculation

Associate
Well be nice on the server class of things. Can't see I will ever buy one for home use seen as most games dont even use 4 cores yet 6 or 8 is gonna be a bit off :p

Moleh

Associate
Surely the next "i" chip should be called i11?

Given that 3, 5 and 7 are all prime numbers?

Suspiciously they missed out i2... though I guess they consider that to have been C2D, sort of?

Meh, maybe just plain old odd numbers. :)

it is odd, however, that Core i7 was named as such due to the fact that it is the seventh architecture. So what does that mean for i5, and i3? Going back in time? MEH!

Back
Top Bottom