'Oink' cleared of fraud

Don
He said the donations were to pay for the server's rental and any "surplus" would eventually be used to buy a server.
Yeah riiighhhttt. How much is a server these days?

I suspect the next step is for the music industry to sue him and if they lose, I'm opening a music sharing website as well!

£11k a month, blimey.

Soldato

I suspect the next step is for the music industry to sue him and if they lose, I'm opening a music sharing website as well!

£11k a month, blimey.

From reading a couple of the articles, it probably helped to "clear" him that he didn't live a lavish lifestyle and that it was all just in savings. If I remember rightly he still lived in a bedsit with a few other students and didn't actually spend any of the donations.

Bit harder to pass it off for server use when you get arrested on your yacht off the coast of Monaco :D.

Associate
oink was amazing. It's library was vast and they were very strict with quality and maintaining ratio's so there was never any dead torrents. I would happily have paid for a service like that at the time when the only alternative was itunes.

* But I never downloaded anything illegal.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
That's the cornerstone of the whole case really - it's hardly conspiracy to defraud if you have never spent any of the proceeds on yourself. Of course, he could've been conspiring to...

Soldato

£11k a month, blimey.

200,000 users has to add up, surely? Especially considering that each peer will check in every 30mins or so.

Back
Top Bottom