PS3 HD Lead or not !!!

Associate
Hi All

Just a quickie, i have a HD tv and currently using the scart cable for playing games or blu ray dvds, but is it worth me buying an HD lead or wont i get much difference in quality (pic & sound).

Thx All:cool:

Associate
Get yourself a HDMI cable, can pick them up for a couple of £. It'll give you a digital signal instead of the analogue you're getting with the scart. Picture quality will improve by quite a bit and actually give you a HD picture. No point in not getting one if you have a HD TV and PS3.

Permabanned
Hi All

Just a quickie, i have a HD tv and currently using the scart cable for playing games or blu ray dvds, but is it worth me buying an HD lead or wont i get much difference in quality (pic & sound).

Thx All:cool:

Are you seriously saying that you went out and bought a HDTV and a HD console yet didn't even think about buying the relevent cable to transfer the HD content from player to screen? Without the HDMI lead you're not actually watching HD content?

Associate
Oh god, as a salesman in an Electrical Retailer, this is like the worst question ever... ;)

You've gotta upgrade your leads as your upgrade your equipment, as Asagoth said, you need the HDMI lead to transfer the HD quality from your PS3 to your TV, otherwise you've literally wasted hundreds possibly thousands of pounds on your HD Ready TV and PS3, not to mention all the games and Blu-Rays :)

Associate
OP
I feel like i should stand in the corner all alone lol. nah had the tv a while, only recently brought a PS3 and using the scart connection which u get with the system, i recently looked at back of tv to see if it had an HDMI connection and it does, so i just wanted to know if it was worth buying a HDMI lead would i get a better picture etc then using scart, if you get me i am a tech noob lol.

So all i need to buy is a HDMI lead and cant believe they cost 20quid at game lol

Associate
I would suggest having a rummage round your local Tesco to see if they are having a "managers special" clearout. I managed to pick-up a Phillips 1.5m HDMI lead for 50p, didn't need one but for that price it was rude not too! As for an improvement in picture quality you will be impressed!

Back
Top Bottom