JD Salinger dies.

Soldato
The author of one of the greatest and most important books of the 20th century, The Catcher in the Rye has died today.

A great author, and a very interesting person.

RIP.

Soldato
Who?

Whats his book about?

Catcher in the Rye, an overrated book IMO, about a man Holden Caulfield experiences in NY city after he is expelled from a Prep School.

Its all about teenage rebellion and was pretty controversial in the 1950's due to its subject matter and swearing and sex.

The intersting thing is that the book is found in most Serial Killers and Assassins bookshelves.

Soldato
I'm studying this book for my english gcse, and I damn love it! The point of the book isn't to describe external events in great detail, but more the mental effects that circumstances have on Holden Caulfield.

Hardly anything is/was known about Salinger
RIP :(

Soldato
I'm studying this book for my english gcse, and I damn love it! The point of the book isn't to describe external events in great detail, but more the mental effects that circumstances have on Holden Caulfield.

Hardly anything is/was known about Salinger
RIP :(

GCSE is about its level. Read it again in a few years and you will see how superficial it can seem.

Salinger was a recluse, he didn't release another novel and his last published work was in 1965 and was highly critical of The Catcher in The Rye himself. Quite a bit is known about him, his family etc. Just google him.

Back
Top Bottom