**Australian Open 2010 - Jan 18th - 31st**

Soldato
Not at all, he was a right **** in one of those aforementioned shows.

I'm not talking about interviews with Sue Barker obviously.

I still find it hard to believe - but even so, its a charachter trait because in ONE interview he might have been off- hmmmm talk about over exaggeration

Tsonga totally bottled it, winning a Grand Slam semi-final in 1h30m, yes Federer is good but Tsonga made that much to easy for him.

A little harsh I would have thought - few pro's can live with Federer on a bad day , let alone a good day!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
in recent times has murray had better results against fed?

i think it will be close and after what federer said about britain not winning a slam in hundred thousand years after his match should fire up murray nicely

SCM

SCM

Associate
The US Open Final Murray had played for the 3 days prior due to all the rain breaks against Nadal and delays due to weather so he didn't have the best preparation for that final. This time around Murray has had plenty of rest in advance of the final so will be completely rested and fired up for the final.

As to Tsonga today he looked beaten from the moment he walked on the court he just didn't turn up mentally or seemed able to try to raise his game against Federer. Might be harsh but thats the way it looked from watching it and he didn't seem to have any other way of playing to put any pressure on Federer. Murray at least knows how to get into Federers head on the court to frustrate him and we need him to do the same on Sunday plus really go for it fired up for the win.

Man of Honour
As long as the ball doesn't hit anything on the way back past the post to the opponents side of the court it is allowed.

Gotcha. :)

I still find it hard to believe - but even so, its a charachter trait because in ONE interview he might have been off- hmmmm talk about over exaggeration

It wasn't one interview it was a much longer show compiled over a few days possibly weeks of his life. Tim knew he was being filmed and he was a **** throughout this show.

But my point was the stupidly over the top reaction due to Murray joking he wouldn't support the England football team. Things were said about Murray's character and still are..

Caporegime
Lose lose situation for Murray. If he wins he'll never get the praise he deserves because people will just say Federer had an off day, and lose and he's a bottler :o

As it is I really can't see him winning. Federer's the master when it comes to peaking at the right time and I think Murray could be in for a torrid time. No shame in losing to the greatest of all time so I just hope he does himself proud and doesn't fall to pieces like Tsonga did.

Soldato
If Henin didn't leave her first serve in the locker room she would've won in 2. Serena was an unforced error machine for most of the match and at one point Henin won 15 points on the bounce.

Soldato
I'm going for 3-1 Federer. Murray's been impressive in this tournament but this may be one step too far. Won't begrudge him a win but I'm not sure he can pull it off. Should be a tight game, but Federer should show his class.

Back
Top Bottom