Folding@Home news 20-27th January

Soldato
News270110.png

Sorry for the delay - been having a bad day - but it ended well but enough about me.

Well the midweek stats break has stan still as top dog
But KE1HA, Biffa, piggott, vertica, Happy and Team MS have all pull out the big guns :cool:

On the flip side some major drops too - you know who you are slackers :p

But overall the team has really made a major push this week.
The EOC graphs are rising instead of the peak and valley of the last few weeks.
And our average team PPD is on the rise.

Nice to see a few old faces rejointing - great first week verbal!
(and sorry to see a few leave) hope you all can stick around.

And finally a big welcome to all the new members :)
P$P
olomus
SGCWill
asdfasf
Will282
ReclaimedLight
APPLE
Agent0range

Single cruncher league to follow - most likely tomorrow (but with same stats snapshot) as I've no pc at home untill Sat :(

Last edited:
Associate
Nice to see a few old faces rejointing - great first week verbal!

Thanks! However that was just whatever points I got while I was tinkering and my PC wasn't crashing (can't seem to do the overclock I had before I left). I've got it (Q9300) running at stock now and should see 6000ppd just on A1 SMP WUs and my 8800GS. I have yet to be blessed with an A3 WU (or even A2) so I don't know what I'll get for them... just started my 3rd A1.

Thanks for doing the news, it's a fundamental part of this forum being active IMO.

Associate
Tnx fer the news SS.

I certainly was not at full output this week thus far, with trouble shooting one box, reconfiguring others, re-imaging machines etc etc .. was all over the place but thingk I've got things working properly now.

Should be getting some of this Bonus goodness in the next couple days, need to get up over the 10 spot on A3 I guess.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Woohoo, still top - for now.

If KE1HA gets all his stuff running at full tilt, I'll be toppled. I'm a machine down now as the media rig in the living room seems to be playing silly buggers and there's nothing I can do about it from here. That's over 5,000 ppd down but I'm making some of that back on the A3 WUs on the other rig I can do stuff with from here. Should still be around the 40,000 ppd mark.

Associate
Woohoo, still top - for now.

If KE1HA gets all his stuff running at full tilt, I'll be toppled. .. .. .. ..
It's there, running all that's available:
4x Quad SMP Clients
8x GPU Clients

None of these monitors HFM, FaHmon etc etc are calculating things properly, so I have no way of knowing what's really going on. However, both are saying => 48K PPD. Thus far (knock on wood !! ) HFM is reporting (0) failed A3 WU's or any failed WU's for that matter.

Soldato
I think I need my head looked at. The prospect of folding some of these new A3 cores is tempting me to click "Submit"! I am trying to hold off until I am paid before I go spending :D

Please make it stooooop! :eek:

Soldato
Hopefully I may start to move up the ranks soon, splashed out on i7 :eek: and am now stable at 4.1GHz :D
No bigadv for me at the moment though, only 6GB RAM so since I like to use my computer (lots) at the same time, it's out til I can afford to buy more..
On the A3 cores now, wondering if/when I'm gonna get any bonuses, it's dropped my PPD from ~5k on my Q6600 with A2 to ~2k :(

Soldato
AAAAH!!!!

I get paid in a day or two... *starts speccing up*

Woot toot!

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but is any SSD even remotely worth the money at the moment?

Associate
AAAAH!!!!

I get paid in a day or two... *starts speccing up*

Woot toot!

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but is any SSD even remotely worth the money at the moment?

IMHO

None of the SLC's that are on the market at the moment warrent their price points apart from the one I've listed, at least for the average person. Micron has one comming out that smokes anything on the market, but also costs more than the best CPU you can buy.

My Choises would be:

Corsair P256 CMFSSD-256GBG2D 2.5" 256GB SATA II MLC
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2XXX 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC
Corsair P128 CMFSSD-128GBG2D 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC
Intel X25-E Extreme SSDSA2SH032G1 2.5" 32GB SATA II SLC

If you get one, let us know how it does for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom