• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would my CPU be the bottleneck?

Permabanned
Not at 4 Gs no.

Being a dual core will likely be more problematic than the CPU itself.

"Problematic" not meaning too much. Most new games take some advantage, you might get different results to benchmarks, but you should be fine for the most part.

Associate
OP
One other question, what do you guys think about performance going from a 4890 to a 5850 any great gain?

Suppose ill have dx11, anything else guys?

Last edited:
Associate
One thing you might want to consider is the fact that Dx11 (the technology, not necessarily the games) supports multi-threaded rendering over individual cores,

If modern games are optimized to use 4 cores, upgrading to a quad might provide some benefits. The Dx11 techdemo allowed my framerate to jump from 60fps to about 90fps when multi-threaded rendering was enabled.

Caporegime
If you're happy to wait a couple or even more months then fair enough, it'll make prices more competitive. If you want something now then buy a 5850. If cash is no problem then get a 5870.

I see no problems whatsoever regarding your cpu, regardless of what card you buy.

Associate
OP
If you're happy to wait a couple or even more months then fair enough, it'll make prices more competitive. If you want something now then buy a 5850. If cash is no problem then get a 5870.

I see no problems whatsoever regarding your cpu, regardless of what card you buy.

Waiting is the best bet tbh, see what happens in the next few months.

Thanks for the advice.;)

Back
Top Bottom