**Australian Open 2010 - Jan 18th - 31st**

SCM

SCM

Associate
Murray didn't turn up fully today being honest he left his serve in the semi final and when he doesn't serve well the rest of his game suffers. Just wasn't his day today and Federer was far too ruthless to let Murray away with serving the way he did but at least he will learn from this for the rest of the season.

Caporegime
Hahaha oh dear Murray yet again flops in the final of a grand slam...not good for his confidence.

Thank god Federer just took him apart...nice to see Federer winning another title to add to his big collection.

Awesome stuff Federer...16th grand slam title:eek:...eclipses the record set by Pete Sampras...simply amazing.

Better luck next time Murray...

Soldato
OP
One of the best Federer performances in YEARS and all you hear is Murray is a bottler :rolleyes: I doubt anyone could have lived with Federer in that form today.

Best player won today and Murray just couldn't live with him in the first two sets, such a shame he couldn't take the break in the 3rd set and keep the match going but good start to the year all the same...:)

Really enjoyed that 3rd set, the tie-break was awesome.

Man of Honour
Congratulations to Federer, a pretty easy couple of sets to begin with as Murray just didn't show up and his first serve percentage wasn't high enough to compete but some of the play in the third set from both men was exceptional.

I'd say todays result is a combination between Murray not being quite on top form in this match and Federer having a good day - not a brilliant one by his standards since he missed a few uncharacteristically simple shots but he was playing well today.

As long as Murray keeps getting himself into Grand Slam finals then he's doing something right.

Caporegime
Awww what a *****:p.....poor guy though i dont think he has what it takes to win a grand slam title yet.....sure Federer is bloody good but its been proven in the past that Federer can be beaten...and hasnt Murray beaten him a fair few times in the last couple of years??....perhaps not in a final etc but he has beaten him a few times...in fact before the start of this final....he had the edge in head to head meetings.

Anyhow i guess Federer is back to being his ultimate best...2 yrs ago he was suffering from a big loss in form...losing the wimbledon title to Nadal etc and also losing to Murray a few times as well.

The guy is simply amazing in all honesty...never thought he would be this good and he still has more in him ie yrs...but hes won everything in sight really so wouldnt be surprised if he calls it a day soon.

Man of Honour
I think Murray will get one this year, just one, maybe Wimbolden, maybe not. He certinaly will by next year at least.

Wimbledon isn't a surface that particularly suits his game but I'd be delighted if he managed to win there. However if he were to win the US Open or the French Open instead I'd hardly be disappointed.

Let's face it though, it has been a very long time since we've had any player (male or female) who is capable of beating the best in the World and capable of getting to Grand Slam finals. If he could just combine the two... :)

Caporegime
Anyhow i guess Federer is back to being his ultimate best...2 yrs ago he was suffering from a big loss in form...losing the wimbledon title to Nadal etc and also losing to Murray a few times as well.
Nadal took Federer to 5 sets the year before he won Wimbledon and no one ever questioned Federers form so I think it was more to do with Nadal reaching a level that could match and beat Federer. I don't think his form has dipped much throughout his whole career tbh.

Soldato
OP
I think Murray will get one this year, just one, maybe Wimbolden, maybe not. He certinaly will by next year at least.

Yeah....I mean the only problem with Wimbledon is the sheer pressure that comes with it, plus as semi-pro says, he's a hard courter!!!!

No **** sherlock:p....hes the best player the UK has and will have for some time...Henman back in his day was the best that the UK had to offer...hey just hope that Murray doesnt flop as badly as Henman did;)

I think people should stop comparing Murray to Henman though....I mean Andy already has a far superior record than him and he is still only 22, his time will certainly come in the Grand Slams, as said, if he can keep getting to the finals he will do it. This a new golden age for Men's Tennis right now and has been for a few years with an absolute master at the helm and leading from the front.

Lets forget the French however as a realistic chance to win one, that could be a very interesting tournament this year with so many players capable of winning it on clay :)

In all honesty, fantastic two weeks of tennis in Melbourne and this should be some year indeed!!! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom