***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Soldato
+1 i find that really unfair too
i dont get how anyone is supposed to do raids as youre not allowed to join unless youve done it before.
from that i gather im supposed to do a 25 man raid alone first in order to do it with a group as the group require me to have the achievment, ye thats highly likely
sorry rant over
but someone please explain this

Join a guild, go with friends etc. Pugs are selfish these days, someone who doesnt know tactics / how the fights work etc will be a hinderance more than a help 9 times out of 10.

Soldato
+1 i find that really unfair too
i dont get how anyone is supposed to do raids as youre not allowed to join unless youve done it before.
from that i gather im supposed to do a 25 man raid alone first in order to do it with a group as the group require me to have the achievment, ye thats highly likely
sorry rant over
but someone please explain this

I have the same issues with GS . I recently returned to WOW after a 6 month break . I was doing most 25 mans and nax 25 and although not ubered geard i was a mix of nax 25/10 and 1-2 heroic epics .

When i came back there was all this GS snizz so i downloaded it and i was 3k GS . Now nothing has changed... As far as the instances/raids i was doing . But now i need 5.2 GS .

I have been hitting the Pugs hard and now have the T9 bits i need.. The nice shoulders and head and 10 frosties from the uber belt . I cant get any better stuff unless i do icc etc . But at 4700 Gs im not good enough . Its not skill its a number that decides if yer good enough .

I did Ony 25 last night .. I was bored and could not be bothered with badge farming so got an invite via a guildy to join .

Now given i was maybe the 3-4th lowest GS in the raid of 25 below is a screenshot after we had finished (My Char is DeathVortex)

4315870523_83574de4a4_b.jpg

The other DK had less GS than me (Toadindehole) and Ayjay had 5400 gs . Its a stupid addon and people rely on it way to much but were kinda stuck with it really

Persil

Soldato
I had the same problem, I had been away and didnt have achievement/gs for any raids. So I decided to make my own raid, I ended up being the top healer with like 2.3gs and everyone else had 3.5. Gearscore means nothing if your a crap player.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the same issues with GS . I recently returned to WOW after a 6 month break . I was doing most 25 mans and nax 25 and although not ubered geard i was a mix of nax 25/10 and 1-2 heroic epics .

When i came back there was all this GS snizz so i downloaded it and i was 3k GS . Now nothing has changed... As far as the instances/raids i was doing . But now i need 5.2 GS .

I have been hitting the Pugs hard and now have the T9 bits i need.. The nice shoulders and head and 10 frosties from the uber belt . I cant get any better stuff unless i do icc etc . But at 4700 Gs im not good enough . Its not skill its a number that decides if yer good enough .

I did Ony 25 last night .. I was bored and could not be bothered with badge farming so got an invite via a guildy to join .

Now given i was maybe the 3-4th lowest GS in the raid of 25 below is a screenshot after we had finished (My Char is DeathVortex)

4315870523_83574de4a4_b.jpg

The other DK had less GS than me (Toadindehole) and Ayjay had 5400 gs . Its a stupid addon and people rely on it way to much but were kinda stuck with it really

Persil

yea cause aoe on onyxia is hard!

dks should be pulling 12-15k on onyxia!

Soldato
Depends how much you intend to play a day :p If you had a whole day you could get could enough geared imo I cannot see what class or spec you play as I am at work.

But what with the new LFG thing you can just run dungeon after dungeon after dungeon and get loads of badges. You could get decked out in t9 easy and imo that is good enough to get onto some crappy pug raids.

That or do the LFG thing as much as till you have some decent gear and find a good guild :) oh and try get into some VoA raids if you can.

My guild is doing ace at the moment looking forward to tomorrow so much :D Last wing will open cannot wait to get the last few bosses down and make a start on the HC modes. We are still trying to get the Full House achievement from the second boss. Its flipping hard though as she keeps converting people in the second phase :(

Soldato
Depends how much you intend to play a day :p If you had a whole day you could get could enough geared imo I cannot see what class or spec you play as I am at work.

But what with the new LFG thing you can just run dungeon after dungeon after dungeon and get loads of badges. You could get decked out in t9 easy and imo that is good enough to get onto some crappy pug raids.

That or do the LFG thing as much as till you have some decent gear and find a good guild :) oh and try get into some VoA raids if you can.

My guild is doing ace at the moment looking forward to tomorrow so much :D Last wing will open cannot wait to get the last few bosses down and make a start on the HC modes. We are still trying to get the Full House achievement from the second boss. Its flipping hard though as she keeps converting people in the second phase :(

Ah nice thanks. I think crappy pug raids will be my destiny!! as I have no time to get caught up in a guild raiding schedule anymore :(

edit: Also can anyone recommend a good UI pack? e.g.: Damia's UI? etc..

Last edited:
Soldato
I personally use ArkiveUI which is quite similar in a way to the old Muzzle (I think it was called that) UI

Its brilliant everything setup pretty much how I want it. The only thing it is missing is Atlas and Atlasloot. I also have runewatch installed as being a DK runewatching is useful :)

I would deffo give it a whirl.

Soldato
Westie, its part of Tukui, as far as i'm aware, i got the base modded tukui from my mate.

Modded it some more for my use.

But its soo sexy.

the UI with no addons uses 50kb! its tiny! This is unitframes, actionbars, raid frames, ect.

Back
Top Bottom