WTB Dell Studio 15, please review specs

Associate
I have the i5-430m and really happy with it. The 6 cell battery last me about 4 hours with light use and from 1-2 hours gaming or watching high definition films.

Soldato
OP
hmm when I tried mirror's edge on battery power it was all choppy, plugged it into mains and back to normal. seems the GPU even on 'high performance' power mode wasn't being given full power?

i5 sweet:)

Associate
I've just realised that the previous track, play/pause, and next track music function controls aren't working. All of the other function keys work and I have quickset and all the latest drivers installed from Dell's website. Could it be because I am using Winamp instead of WMP?

Soldato
awaiting delivery of my studio 15 i3, for £479, it looked a good deal, hopefully it will prove to be one when i get it.

dispatched from china on the 6th, says to expect 4-5 days for delivery, i'll be impressed if thats the case, because i've had stuff take that amount of time from the uk.

Soldato
awaiting delivery of my studio 15 i3, for £479, it looked a good deal, hopefully it will prove to be one when i get it.

dispatched from china on the 6th, says to expect 4-5 days for delivery, i'll be impressed if thats the case, because i've had stuff take that amount of time from the uk.

Mine was dispatched on the Monday and delivered on the Friday of the same week so they are very quick I must say, nothing changed on the Walsh Western until the day before delivery so don't panic is that's the case

Soldato
Is everyone using the GPU drivers from Dell's website?

I did a fresh install of W7 Home Prem last night and wanted to check?

So far I'm really liking it, 1920x1080 is great for desktop space and not too small for me, haven't installed any games but will do this week and see how it performs..

Associate
I'm thinking about a Studio 15 as well.

I noticed that there's a *new* studio 17 available, as well as the original Studio 17.

Does anyone know if Dell are bringing out a new Studio 15 model?

Associate
I just bought a Studio 15 off ebay for what i thought was a bargain £500 as it was listed as NEW,Just taken out of box,just picked up earlier,guy said he got as present so no receipt and though it looks new,got it home and spotted on the side of the box that it was ordered/bought 13th nov 2009.
Also stated it had Blue-Ray Drive,but when i looked in the spec's it just states "DVD/RWBD,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH".
Now should it say Blue-Ray on the Drive specs?
Any one got one they could check for me as if its not,its going back to him.

4 months old and not new is one thing,but if not blue ray then its not what i paid for.

Last edited:
Associate
i am trying to use the invisible character of alt+255 however this does not work because you need a number pad to do this. is there anyway to set a number lock on the laptop or to do the character another way?

Soldato
Mine was dispatched on the Monday and delivered on the Friday of the same week so they are very quick I must say, nothing changed on the Walsh Western until the day before delivery so don't panic is that's the case

yeah the worry i had was tracking the order and the last entry in it said " CALL LOCK OUT." no idea what the hell that meant and nothing on the site helped work out what it meant.

then got a call last night its hopefully going to be delivered today, but i'm not in so hope the delivery companies base isnt milesssss away for a pick up :(.

Back
Top Bottom