Happiest day of my year (maybe life)

Soldato
OP
Associate
Congrats! Something I hope to do at some point in my life!

Be safe out there, remember its not what you do but what the other idiots on the road do that you want to be careful of!

Soldato
Just make sure the roads have been dry for a while before picking it up. I picked up my new bike last year at this time of year and didnt realise they had been gritting a few days before. Salt + Bikes = :(
Nothing like your bikes but I bought a bicycle a couple of weeks ago, been riding it on the gritted roads... just had a look the other day and there's rust spots where it's been splashed and the chain's got patches of rust on it already :mad:

Associate
Get crash mushrooms for it, the ones I had on my hornet saved a hell of a lot of potential damage when I came off it. R&Gs are the daddy

Also watch this, it's too true.....voices

Obligatory photo of my old one
2749955505_bebe6c7dc2_o.jpg

They are lovely bikes, they handle very well and go reasonably well without biting suddenly. the ABS will probably help out loads initially (though to provoke it takes a bit, which can help you to realise how much you actually brake), though when it did kick in I found it a little intrusive as it's not the sports abs you get on the CBR 600RR and Fireblade. You'll notice the juddering if it kicks in, don't worry that's normal.

Lastly go out and have fun :)

Soldato
OP
I really am thinking about getting mushrooms, but it will have to be at a later date due to funds. At the moment i got it into my head that i want the following:
Mushrooms
GPS

Ill most likely go in where i bought my bike and get it from there, as i seem to be well looked after in there with discounts:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What sort of price am i looking to pay for a gps on my bike, i dont really wanna spend more than £450-£500 and im bound to get a discount or installation free.

Garmin GPS and good?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom