BECOME AN OFFICIAL OcUK REVIEWER & WIN SAPPHIRE HD 5970, 5870, 5850 & 5770 GFX CARDS

Soldato
Is it OK to submit the review in PDF format?

Also (if Spie is still around!) when is the final entry date! If the prizes are announced on 14th March I presume that the judges need time to read the entries?

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Is it OK to submit the review in PDF format?

Also (if Spie is still around!) when is the final entry date! If the prizes are announced on 14th March I presume that the judges need time to read the entries?
Yes .pdf is fine :)

I've edited the opening post to make dates a little clearer.

In summary :-

Entries must be submitted by 12.00pm 14th March 2010.
Winners announced 21st March 2010.
Prizes shipped by 28th March 2010.

Hope this is now clear :)

Godfather
Godfather
OP
I've written some un-bias reviews for a camera website, but one of my reviews got blanked due to me faulting a product from a manufacturer that sponsored said site.

Guess you have to find the ultimate balance of being honest but still being able to promote products.

That being said, every sapphire product I've owned so far has been good
We are not looking for yes-men. We are looking for quality reviewers. Sapphire are sponsoring the competition but the review brief is industry-wide.

Associate
Only problem I have is I asked my girlfriend if she still had the packaging of the laptop and she threw it away, is it necessary to have the packaging photo's or would it be okay to miss that and just describe it or just leave it altogether?
If not I'm happy to just review my 360 console which I still have the packaging for from launch :p

Soldato
Only problem I have is I asked my girlfriend if she still had the packaging of the laptop and she threw it away, is it necessary to have the packaging photo's or would it be okay to miss that and just describe it or just leave it altogether?
If not I'm happy to just review my 360 console which I still have the packaging for from launch :p

Write what you think is correct and get an entry in, mention the packaging in words if you have no pictures but most importantly enter. The pictures of the product will tell the story and if you can write well enough the packaging will all fall into place without pictures.

To everyone who thinks they do not have enough PC know-how or experience give writing a review a go! How many times have you been looking at a product and thinking the review is a bit too technical and you just want good honest opinions (me looking for a tele a few months ago) and yet you are unable to find a review that goes "this is good for this, that is good for that".

There is no right or wrong way of doing a review and all of the hard work on the structure has been done in the guide, all you need to do is be creative.

Most important thing to do guys is to enter, you never know what it might lead to!

Associate
Write what you think is correct and get an entry in, mention the packaging in words if you have no pictures but most importantly enter. The pictures of the product will tell the story and if you can write well enough the packaging will all fall into place without pictures.

To everyone who thinks they do not have enough PC know-how or experience give writing a review a go! How many times have you been looking at a product and thinking the review is a bit too technical and you just want good honest opinions (me looking for a tele a few months ago) and yet you are unable to find a review that goes "this is good for this, that is good for that".

There is no right or wrong way of doing a review and all of the hard work on the structure has been done in the guide, all you need to do is be creative.

Most important thing to do guys is to enter, you never know what it might lead to!
I'm sure she can tell me how the packaging was since it was recent anyway so that helps a lot thanks. Product photo's will be no problem ofcourse.

I'll enter for sure then ;)

Soldato
Doesn't have to be cutting edge but it does need to be current. No point reviewing something that's had its day.

Can you clarify this a little? Give us some idea of what would / would not be acceptable for review.

Also if we don't have new enough hardware, could we review a game or piece of software / operating system etc?

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Can you clarify this a little? Give us some idea of what would / would not be acceptable for review.

Also if we don't have new enough hardware, could we review a game or piece of software / operating system etc?
The review has to be of an item that is currently available inventory. You could review an OS although a review of an obscure piece of software would not be wise. Common sense really.

Soldato
Hopefully the last silly file type question, is .odt accepted? ^^

I've got a couple of reviews lined up, just need to put fingers to the keyboard and get around to writing them up.

Soldato
The review has to be of an item that is currently available inventory. You could review an OS although a review of an obscure piece of software would not be wise. Common sense really.

Okay, thanks for the response. Would something like a Silverstone Fortress case still be acceptable for example?

Soldato
Be a great product to do a review on due to it being a high end case. :)

Thanks Yewen. Gives me a better idea of what I could use for the competition entry.

Oh and a big thumbs up to Spie and all the rest of you guys for putting up yet another competition with cracking prizes, that literally anyone could win. Awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom