spec me a ......mouse

Associate
lots of thread asking for pc specs and suggestions i duno wny that title came to my head so quickly

Anyway to sum it up i was wondering if anyone might have something similar that they could recomend.

Im looking for a new cordless/wireless mouse which has two buttons left hand side for thumb use .
easy to access button anywhere on the mouse that can be configured to activate push to talk on VoIP software such as ventrilo or teamspeak.

something along the lines of
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/NaylH/1_m.jpg

this is just something i found on the net i dont know if it works like this maybe some1 has 1 and can tell me who knows :)
the top view shows that the scroll wheel titlts to the left which in theory could be used to activate the push to talk i need.
and the orthographic vew shows two buttons where the thumb rests

Anyway im after something like this that is compatable with windows 7 64 bit if anyone knows of anything
cheers

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I just bought this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-177-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1276

It looks like a really good mouse.

logitechmxperformance.jpg

Associate
OP
@ msm722 once you recieve it let me know how it gets along with win7

sadly as i said i am looking for a cordless mouse so the g500 and the mx518 dont quite meet that need

Soldato
There are two problems that can sometimes happen with old Revs (I own 2)

1) The scroll wheel stops clicking. All that means is the little spring is too compressed, and can be solved with 5min work, a screwdriver, and either stretching/packing the old spring, or sticking a new one in.

2) The left/right buttons wear out, simply due to the microswitches getting worn. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can replace the switches for about 80pence.

Now mine has had a lot of abuse over about 3 years before the switch went, which isn't bad for plain old mechanical wear, and I can't hold it against the thing.

Associate
OP
Ideally i would prefer to stay under £50 but if i can find a mouse which suits my needs which is confimed to work without iused on win7 x64 ill go up to 80 or 90 for that peace of mind.

Associate
OP
Im not suprised that the drivers exist for the the performance MX the previous keyboard and mouse set i bought also had drivers for windows 7 yet i was frequently gettinng stop errors which one of the possible causes was down to incompatibility.

This is something i would love to avoid so would like some1 to point out a mouse which meets these needs the main one being 100% compatable with win7 x64 (i doubt it would matter but i will be using home premium)

@Makhaira where did you see an MX rev new for £50
also you mentioned the scroll wheel stops clicking this is a problem i had with an old mouse it would loose "grip" and when i would move my finger off the scroll wheel it would occasionaly scroll down 1 step more than i wanted or just go 1 step back up as i hadnt pulled the wheel down far enough to get the next click.

I hope you saying this only applied to old mice and not new ones.

Soldato
@Makhaira where did you see an MX rev new for £50
also you mentioned the scroll wheel stops clicking this is a problem i had with an old mouse it would loose "grip" and when i would move my finger off the scroll wheel it would occasionaly scroll down 1 step more than i wanted or just go 1 step back up as i hadnt pulled the wheel down far enough to get the next click.

I hope you saying this only applied to old mice and not new ones.

Scroll wheel wear is common on most mice - as I said, mine has had a good 3 years of abuse and extremely heavy use, and took about 10 minutes to sort, so it's not something to get worried about! Mechanical wear will happen to any mouse over the years, so don't get too hung up on it.

Associate
OP
I just had a look at a youtube review putting both the MX rev and the perfomance MX side by side

it seems the sidescroll of the performance MX is analogue and the harder you press it the quicker it scrolls across the screen and so im not sure it would work as a push to talk tho i could be wrong would be nice if some one could inform me either way.

The MX revolution seems like it would fit the bill im just wondering how you can lock the scrollwheel so it doesnt enter flywheel mode, i need the clicks to stay there and id like to know what you have to do to switch between the two

I had an older mouse where the scrollwheel sensitivity was so far off that i would scroll down before the click and so if i let go seeing i had reached the point i wanted and then as the wheel had not clicked into place the web page( or whatever i was using it for) would scroll back the opposite way to the previous click on the mouse and dont want this to happen with the next mouse i use.
also still would like to know where you think i can get that mouse for £40-50

EDIT: blackwhite im not sure i understand what your trying to say
The mx rev has crappy accuracy 1-2 days? how can accuracy be measured in days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom